Hi my furiends! I haven’t been around much lately for a bunch of reasons….one of the most important, was my Aunt Nancy came to visit last week!! I hadn’t seen her in over a year, I was completely beside myself with joy!!
Do you have a special person in YOUR family who you don’t get to see often, but you just love to pieces?
Barks and licks and love,
#NutrishPetMoments Rachael Ray Nutrish Fur Real Pet Moments Contest! Win Nutrish for a year + $1,500!
Being a pet parent herself, Rachael Ray KNOWS what that entails! She will often share snippets on her show of some of the latest antics of her dog, Isaboo, ( Isaboo sometimes makes appearances on Rachael’s show too and in her mag and I always love seeing her!), and she LOVES hearing about the antics of our pets too!
As a result Rachael Ray Nutrish wants to celebrate those moments where you just know you’re a pet parent with the “Fur Real Pet Moments” meme contest. You know those moments, let’s say you bought them a toy, but all they cared about was the box or their favorite chew toy is your finger, or worse yet, a table leg!
Create your own meme using the generator provided on the Rachael Ray Nutrish “Fur Real Pet Moments” contest page. and enter! (You must enter by September 20th, 2015 for a chance to win!) It’s super easy! All you do is choose one of your photos, and Nutrish makes the creation process a breeze, by providing a number of fun captions for you to choose from! It is your chance to show other pet parents they’re not alone! As you are going to do, I JUMPED on the chance to make mine!
“FUR REAL” MOMENTS OF A PET PARENT
WHO HAPPENS TO BE A PET BLOGGER!
When people who don’t blog look at photos of our pets and comment about how “cute” they are, they often aren’t aware of just how hard it can be to take those photos, especially when you have a pet who is camera-shy, or more than likely, is just annoyed by my constantly approaching him for photos.
I see other people with dogs who willingly pose for photos with glee (often including elaborate props) and I think, “Hmmm, it’s either ME or I just have a dog who derives great enjoyment out of seeing what lengths I will go to finally get a decent photo!”
Does any of that ring true for ANY of you?
Back in the day when Dakota was young and would tear up wood doors, eat cell phones, stuffed animals, paper and anything he could get his paws on, it was MUCH easier.
After the “crime” was committed, all I had to do was grab the camera (more than likely, my phone, since that is always with me), and CLICK. Easy-peasy. Oh if it only were ALWAYS that easy!
Most of the time, when I need to take photos of Dakota for a blog post, what I get is what you see below. No amount of treat offering, or sweet coaxing will get him to come out from his “Den” which is conveniently located under our coffee table.
I will make all sorts of intriguing “deals” with him about all of the great treats he will get if he cooperates. I will speak softly or with enthusiasm, but when Dakota is in his “no go” mood, NONE of that will work.
That is until…I am NOT taking a photo of him and do NOT want him in the photo AT ALL:
Ok seriously, WHO could resist this giant Sheltie nose? Certainly not me and it enabled me to trick him and finally get a photo of him!
I often feel guilty following Dakota around with a camera. Maybe if I planned better I could just grab shots more at random, rather than waiting until I absolutely NEED THEM to try. What do you think?
I love my crazy Sheltie boy and if you have been following this blog since its inception in 2011, you KNOW that Dakota has been eating Rachael Ray Nutrish since 2008 (do the math, that’s WAY before he EVER blogged). I was drawn to the brand for a variety of reasons, just a few of them being:
- For Rachael Ray food equals love — whether she’s cooking a meal for friends or working with pet nutrition experts to create delicious recipes for our family’s furry companions, I KNOW there is a great deal of love, time and thought being put into the recipes!
- A portion of Rachael’s personal proceeds go to Rachael’s Rescue to help animals in need.
- Rachael’s Rescue was created for all of the forgotten pets — the ones that might not have someone who loves them as much as you love your pet.
- Rachael’s personal proceeds from sales of Nutrish have gone toward food, medical supplies and treatments for animals in need.
- Every Rachael Ray Nutrish food and treat recipe is made with simple ingredients like real meat and wholesome veggies, so they’re naturally delicious.
- So when I ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY MUST HAVE A PHOTO, I just whip out my bag of Nutrish and voila!! I click away and end up with the most adorable Sheltie smile EVER!! This boy, whom I love with all of my heart, in spite of the fact that he often drives me crazy, LOVES his Nutrish and I LOVE serving it to him!!!
- FOLLOW RACHAEL RAY NUTRISH:
It has been so much fun going around the blogosphere and seeing all of the posts that fellow bloggers have created showcasing their 8 Photos of Happiness.
The instructions are as follows:
Rules and explanation of this tag:
- Thank your nominator/s and link them in your post—I was honored to be nominated by one of my blogging pals: My Kid Has Paws .
- Link the creator (Ariel’s little corner of the internet)
- Post your 8 photos of happiness—Here we go!!! For my photos, I am choosing a variety of photos that have appeared on Dakota’s blog since his blog first began in 2011. They are photos that make ME smile!! Ariel’s instructions say:
- The photos can be anything that represents a moment, object, place or feeling that makes you happy.
- Pop in a brief description of the photo, why you chose it or let the photos do the talking!
- Spread the happiness and tag up to ten other bloggers! (Because I hate to leave anyone out and possibly hurt their feelings, if you haven’t been tagged, feel free to join in!)
- I love this photo and the one below it, because we are so blessed that Dakota and Cody have such an amazing friendship!!
- Dakota and his “Mini-Me!!”
The next two photos depict something that Dakota does with me EVERY DAY!!
- We have a MAJOR love affair going on!
- Dakota’s Aunt Nancy is one of the loves of his life!
- Who can resist this smile?
- And THIS smile!!
- Hope these photos made YOU smile!!!
- Have a great day all!!!