It’s World Smile Day® !!

The World is a scary, sad place lately, but we must never, ever lose our ability to smile, laugh, and to do kind things for others! We need it NOW more than EVER! Who better than a “Smiling Sheltie” to help spread the love on World Smile Day®  ?? TAG! You’re it. Now you have to “Do an act of kindness.Make one person smile!

History of World Smile Day
“It was a simple thing, a circle with a few dots and an upturned curve, but put together Harvey Ball created one of the most iconic symbols the world had ever seen, and it would quickly come to infect everything from graffiti to modern-day emoji’s. We are, of course, talking about the smiley face, arguably the first emoji to enter the world. Harvey would later express concern that the sheer commercialization of his little symbol would strip it of its original intent and meaning. It was out of this concern that he created World Smile Day, a day devoted to the spreading of simple joy and love to everyone, regardless of race, gender, or geographic location.”

“Harvey sadly passed from this world in 2001, but the foundation he helped create, the Harvey Ball World Smile Foundation, has carried forth his message of simple peace and love as the sponsor of World Smile Day every year. Whether you’re simply expressing a bit of silliness or doing a small act of kindness to help someone smile, World Smile Day is your opportunity to help brighten the world and make the world a better place through the simple power of the smile.”

Comments

1. What a nice holiday! Smile day! 🙂
    All Things Collie recently posted…Wordless Wednesday…Autumn is in full swing!My Profile

2. Love the background on the smiley and had no idea there was a foundation associated with the iconic symbol. Your Sheltie smiley is ‘pawfect’ for today and everyday, Dakota! Have a groovy weekend.
    Monika & Sam recently posted…Fab Friday ~ October 6, 2017My Profile

3. Sandee says:

I can get into a smile day. Okay, I smile a lot anyway.

Have a woof woof World Smile Day, Dakota. My best to your wonderful mom. ♥♥♥
    Sandee recently posted…Feline FridayMy Profile

4. Happy Smile Day, Dakota☺
    Molly the AireGirl recently posted…Flower FridayMy Profile

5. Lilly says:

😁
    Lilly recently posted…My little leaf…🍁My Profile

Mom and I gave a friend of ours a new cargo liner for her new car…she is smiling 🙂 Smile on!
    Emma recently posted…Can Nose Work Camp Handle Two Crazy French Scent Hounds?My Profile

7. Happy World Smiley Day! What a pawsome smiley you have Dakota!
    xoxo,
    Jakey, Arty & Rosy
    Da DB Boyz recently posted…World Smiley Day on Flower Friday!My Profile

Thanks for the smile, Dakota! We certainly need to be reminded about that these days!
    Jan K recently posted…Farm Dog Luke Vs. Cherry Tomato – Friday FunDayMy Profile

9. That’s a great smile, Dakota!!! Happy World Smile Day!

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

10. Your smile makes us smile
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel
    Idaho PugRanch recently posted…Roses from Rosy Make us Smile!My Profile

11. Ruby says:

Oh, I loves this Holiday! I try and makes Ma smile everyday, butts I thinks your smile is the bestest Dakota!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥
    Ruby recently posted…Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

12. Great smile Dakota!
    Kinley Westie recently posted…Hedgehog DressMy Profile

13. Awww…what a wonderful message! Thanks for sharing the history of the smiley face.
    Happy-Go-Doodle recently posted…Volunteer Puppy Raisers: A joyful purposeMy Profile

I can’t smile or frown. My beak is so hard that I can’t move it.
    Kismet recently posted…Don’t worry. I’m OKMy Profile

15. Happy Smile Day! Smiles all around!
    Sarah Ferguson & Choppy recently posted…Howlidays: Random Acts of Poetry DayMy Profile

16. Your smile makes my heart happy. Have a wonderful weekend with plenty of smiles.

17. You are so right! We do need more smiles in our daily life and your smile is perfect Dakota! Thank you for spreading joy and happiness!
    Rachel Sheppard recently posted…Managing Your Pet’s Weight – Petcurean + A Giveaway!My Profile

18. I’m a little late but..Happy World Smile Day! You’ve got a great smile!
    Mia the Pibble recently posted…Tongue Out Tuesday!My Profile