Dog Art:Self Pawtrait Challenge

We were so excited when we saw the blog post from Louis Dog Armstrong, the Director of Arts and Entertainment for Blogville and the brilliant woofie behind the blog, Louisdog’s Life about the Self Pawtrait challenge!! Loving art the way Mom and I do, we KNEW we just had to pawticipate!  Here is our entry!

Mom and I created my self pawtrait by taking a photo, and then we popped over to Dreamscope (one of our favorite photo “painting” apps! After painting, we headed over to Ribbet to add some additional elements and a frame. We hope you like it! Mom and I are also posting this on Athena and Marie’s Caturday Art Blog Hop!!!

(No worries, woofies are allowed to enter too!!!)

Comments

1. Dakota that is an artpiece, the colors are a feast for the eyes… like your 10k volt sheltie-smile!
    easyweimaraner recently posted…SHOP TILL YOU DROPMy Profile

2. That is just a wonderful artwork! Vibrant and almost real!
    Are you going to jump out of the ‘canvas’ Dakota??
    A blue ribbon for sure!
    Pipo/Minko/MrJackFreckles recently posted…Sunday Selfie Guest(s) ~ A Welcome!My Profile

3. sara, oreo & chewy says:

Thats really cool! I think this is the only kind of “art” I would ever be good at. Ha!

Your Pawtrait came out real nice! Love the bright colors!
    Emma recently posted…Doorways – Pet Photography Challenge Week 8My Profile

Very nice, Dakota! We love the colors!
    Jan K recently posted…“Doorways” #PetPhotographyChallengeMy Profile

6. Simply stunning! I would love to do one for my babes! 🙂

7. This is my first visit to you Dakota and what a fine picture your Mom created of you. I love the heavy oil effect … I will have to check that out 🙂 Have a wonderful week and I think you will WOW the other challengers 🙂

Andrea @ From The Sol

Thank you so much Andrea!!! Hoping you will be back!!! You have a wonderful week too!! My 10th birthday is Tuesday so I hope you will stop by! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

8. Hi Dakota!!!
    Thank you and Mom for stopping by today.
    WE love your self pawtriat!!!
    And we signed up to follow you too…at least we are going to try.
    Last weekend all the blogs we signed up to receive auto email when new went away…no clue why
    Hugs madi and mom

Hi Madi and Mom! We definitely subscribed to you!!!! I am so happy you have “follow by email” on your blog! Thank you about my pawtrait!!! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

9. WOW, that turned out AMAZING! If I were you mom, I would get that portrait put on a canvas print and display it. I know you can sometimes get them for as low as $5 at Walgreens.

I will check out that software you mentioned. I really how realistic it turned out unlike some other apps that make it look like a 2 year old did it.

Happy Saturday!!!

Thank you so much! I am super happy with it too!! It was so much fun! I should probably do that…I had one made by Canvas Pop (I think that is the name), from another photo and it came out great. Never thought of trying Walgreens, that’s a great idea!!!! Happy Saturday to you too!!!

10. You look very handsome Dakota!
    Rachel & Rooney recently posted…Is Your Dog Protected if Something Happens to You?My Profile

11. That is really beautiful, Dakota! So colorful!
    Roby Sweet recently posted…Caturday Art: Old-Timey PaisleyMy Profile

12. Wow, very well done. You are a most handsome mandog.

Have a woof woof day, Dakota. My best to your wonderful mom. ♥♥3
    Comedy Plus recently posted…Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

13. What a wonderful self pawtrait, Dakota!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo
    Dory’s Backyard recently posted…Silent Saturday Self PawtraitsMy Profile

14. Moth says:

Pleased to meet you Dakota. What a beautiful self pawtrait! Looking forward to following you – nose licks and love from Moth xx

Hi Moth!! Pleased to meet you too and thank you!!!! So happy we are following each other! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

15. Sand spring Chesapeakes says:

Very pretty pawtrait. I love it!

16. What a great portrait, Dakota!
    Cammie!

17. That is so cool Dakota! You are one lucky pup!

18. A wonderful creative portrait Dakota! This was a very fun challenge!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel
    Idaho PugRanch recently posted…Self Portrait ChallengeMy Profile

19. Oh we love this Dakota!! You look fabulous on canvas 🙂

xoxo,
    Matt & Matilda
    Bell Fur Zoo recently posted…Flashy FridayMy Profile

20. Wow, Dakota!! What a beautiful work!! Love it!
    Momo & Pinot xo

21. Luv it!
    Kinley Westie recently posted…10 Months!!My Profile

22. You are quite the artist Dakota, that came out beautiful.
    Ellen Pilch recently posted…Caturday SaturdayMy Profile

23. VEry artsy portrait – and a very beautiful subject:) We had not heard of dreamscope.

Woos – Lightning and Misty

24. As the very person said on the top – Dakota is a work of art naturally. Anyway, we like what you did to him, but it will never be as good as the original – Dakota as is!!!!!

25. That is amazing. I thought it was a painting when I saw it on FB.
    Cathy Keisha recently posted…I Am PiCATsoMy Profile

26. Dakota you and your mom are so creative! This image turned out great!
    Forest Poodles recently posted…D’Art’s DogwoodMy Profile

27. Athena says:

That’s so beautiful, Dakota!

Thanks for joining our hop today 🙂

Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

28. You are beautiful Dakota

29. Awesome! We love this, Dakota and Mom! The colors and shapes totally make it look like a painting!
    meowmeowmans recently posted…Easy Like Sunday Selfie – Boop 🙂My Profile

30. Simply a stunning piece of artwork!1 We love it!
    We can’t thank you enough for stopping by my blog and giving us a bark on my new glasses. It’s pawsome being able to start my walkies again.

31. Rachel says:

Looking good there, Dakota!

32. That’s a good looking self pawtrait!
    Sarah Ferguson & Choppy recently posted…Days 300-303 – Dog Walk ChallengeMy Profile

33. A wonderful portrait fur sure!

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley

34. Wagnificent artwork, Dakota. Sorry I’m so late in commenting…I’m so behind in reading but wanting to say this was pretty pawsome!
    Monika & Sam recently posted…Happy St. Patrick’s DayMy Profile