Molly Mutt Dog Bed: A LONG Overdue THANK YOU!

I am embarrassed by how long it has taken me to blog about the fabulous Molly Mutt Dog Bed that we won from a give-away that Zoe and Phoenix had way back in September!!

Part of the reason it has taken me so long to blog about this marvelous bed is because I was hoping and praying my “I-am-not-a-fan-of-dog-beds-“ Sheltie would actually SLEEP on it. That was NOT to be. This photo shows about as close as he got to sleeping on it.

Now, don’t get me wrong. MOST dogs would LOVE this bed. Dakota is just not a big fan of ANY dog beds.  I love this bed, our cat loves it (of course because it isn’t his)…but Dakota will not sleep on it.

The bed I won was the Dew In The Grass Water Resistant Duvet  and part of what drew me to it was the amazing color. Green happens to be my favorite color. The duvet comes rolled up as shown below:

How does it “turn” into a bed? So glad you asked! See the “Stuff Sack” on the left in the above photo? You fill that sack with old clothes, rags, towels, blankets, ANYTHING that you have that you want to use that will “stuff” the bed. I used a ton of old clothes, blankets, etc. It is super easy to get the duvet cover on after you “stuff” the bag…and everything zips closed. (You can remove the items to wash if you choose to and you can wash the duvet cover as well! “Wash cold, line dry!”)  I could still stuff mine way more than I did (and probably will), you have complete control of how “stuffed” your bed will be.

The concept is marvelous, the bed/duvet is extremely well-made. It is also WATER-RESISTANT!!! I chose the color I chose because it goes great in our living room. I just wish my finicky Sheltie would sleep on it!

Once again, Dakota’s aversion to sleeping on this bed, and pretty much ALL beds has NOTHING to do with the quality of the Molly Mutt beds. It’s just that I have a strange dog………….if your dog isn’t strange, you should definitely check out these beds!!

I would also like to thank Molly Mutt,  Zoe, Phoenix and their human for Dakota’s most pawesome prize….our cat LOVES to run into the room and jump on it and can often be found sleeping on it so thankfully one of my pets has good sense!!

Comments

1. How cute Dakota sleep right next to a nice cozy bed! 😀 Happy is the same! He love human bed and rarely sleeps in his dog bed! 😉 I love how the bed comes with the washable duvet! So easy to clean! 😀 Cool product!
    HAPPY&HAZEL recently posted…How to Get Free Music for Videos – Blogging TipMy Profile

2. I laughed so hard at this. There are times you want them to perform and they just refuse. Invariably when I ask Fred to jump through the hoop (which she is good at) she instead jumps straight up in the air like she going after a squirrel. Until finally she jumps effortlessly through the hoop.

We all love our Molly Mutt bed. We could use a few of them I think! Mom put ours in the wicker crate and we rotate through there all day long. Everyone loves it because it is like a super cozy den environment!
    Emma recently posted…A Chilly, Weekend, Winter WalkMy Profile

4. When dogs get older they like the beds. It’s easy on their old bones. Our Little Bit would stare at you to put her bed down at the boat so she could lay on it and watch the birds and other critters. We sure miss her something awful.

Have a woof woof day Dakota. My best to your mom. ♥♥♥
    Comedy Plus recently posted…Awww MondaysMy Profile

Well….Dakota is almost 10 and still doesn’t care for them. I know other Shelties that are the same. I think it is due to the abundant fur that they have, they don’t need “padding” the way other dogs do!
      Dakota recently posted…Molly Mutt Dog Bed: A LONG Overdue THANK YOU!My Profile

5. I’m glad you and the kitty like the bed! I’m sorry Dakota doesn’t but we understand. 🙂

6. Congratulations on your win! The boys love their beds but we don’t have a Molly Mutt. I have read rave reviews of them too. ♥
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…The Westie vs. the MoleMy Profile

7. Debbie says:

Looks like a great product for the right dog. And beautiful too! I have to laugh at the picture tho. Ellie was the exact same way. I kept buying doggy beds hoping she’d enjoy one. Instead, Charley claimed them all his. The only one he avoids is the only one Audrey uses and she has to literally stuff herself inside!

8. Rachel says:

Oh, that’s too funny! Eddie loves dog beds, so I wonder if I should give this a try!
    Rachel recently posted…5 Reasons to Adopt an Adult CatMy Profile

9. We like our beds but they have to have bolsters of some sort. A flat bed just won’t do. we do like the color though
    hugs
    Mr bailey, Hazel & mabel
    Idaho PugRanch recently posted…News and RemindersMy Profile

10. Hmmm, perhaps he is saving the bed for company? A guest bed perhaps?

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley

It’s a great bed, but it looks like Dakota is just happy to be on a throw rug! Sheba sleeps on beds some of the time, but she also spends a lot of time on the wood floor or just on a flat throw rug. Maybe it is the long fur thing?
    Funny thing with ours is that Cricket especially loved it, until I put more stuffing inside, and then she didn’t seem to like it as much. Apparently she liked it better when it was flatter – so you just can figure dogs out, can you? LOL
    Jan K recently posted…A Dog Coat of Many FeaturesMy Profile

12. That is a nice bed- congratulations!
    Ellen Pilch recently posted…Thankful ThursdayMy Profile

13. Tuiren never meet a bed she didn’t like. Fenris on the other hand has just now discovered how comfortable dog beds are. Bo bought a bed home that Fenris actually got on and it’s blue so it matches his eyes. He was having a wonderful time sleeping on it until Tuiren and the cats discovered it. Fenris seems to prefer dog beds when he is cold.
    Socks, Scylla, Fenris, Tuiren, YinYang & Chimera (ATCAD) recently posted…Funny FridayMy Profile

14. sara, oreo & chewy says:

Thats such a great idea! I think it would be especially tempting if you filled it with your old smelly socks, underwear and gloves!

My dogs will sleep on dog beds, but often they prefer the hard floor. Weirdos 🙂

15. How precious that Dakota sleeps next to it! Too funny. Looks and sounds like a pretty pawtastic product and I love the ‘duvet.’ At least Cody is enjoying it. 🙂
    Monika & Sam recently posted…Purrs for JamisonMy Profile

16. Congrats on winning this:)

Now MJF on the other hand has so many well worn beds; he is the opposite! He digs his way through many of them and if he can’t dig in them he bites them to arrange the stuffing to his liking, BOL! Then he makes a circle and plops down. Zzzzzz!
    Pipo/Minko/MrJackFreckles recently posted…Sunday Selfies ~ Plus ~ Our Christmas Cards As We have Gotten Them, Mostly E-Cards. Thanks!My Profile