The Wooly Snuffle Mat from PAW5 Is Great Indoor Fun for Your Dog!!

Disclosure:I was not compensated for featuring this product. I was sent a Wooly Snuffle Mat to have Dakota try.

Hi friends!!

While I was making the blog rounds in late 2016 I came across a great product from PAW5, that had me  intrigued!! That product is the Wooly Snuffle Mat! I  reached out to PAW5 to see if there was a chance that I could have Dakota try this product and I was ecstatic when they agreed! I was primarily interested in the Wooly Snuffle Mat for the times such as what we are experiencing in Michigan now, frigid temps that makes outdoor fun less than desirable.  I am an avid fan of  “brain-games” for Dakota that will not only occupy him but challenge his intellect. We have a few, but I am always looking to add more to our toolbox. Many of the brain-games we currently have do not engage Dakota’s sense of smell, and that was a huge reason why I wanted to have him test the Wooly Snuffle Mat.  I was NOT disappointed!

The Wooly Mat better known as “The Official Snuffle Mat”  is:

• hand-woven from pre-consumer fabrics
  • encourages natural foraging skills
  • is fully machine washable
  • perfect for any breed, any age, any size

“An entirely unique experience, Wooly engages dogs’ powerful sense of smell as they snuffle, snort and sniff their way through dinner. Built to stimulate a dog’s natural foraging instincts by mimicking the hunt for food in grass and fields, Wooly feeds both their belly and their brain. This means you are giving your dog a fuller, more active and more rewarding day, every day.”

While many would use this fun, well-made and great-looking mat for mealtime, I chose to use it for TREAT time! I have some treats that are quite small, all I did was put the treats directly onto the top of the mat and Dakota went to town searching for them.  As you can see it was a huge hit!

To mix things up even more for my brilliant Sheltie-boy I was a “mean Mama” and put the Wooly Snuffle Mat on our coffee table to let Dakota forage there as well! Ok I am truly NOT mean, by moving it to the coffee table I just “upped” the degree of difficulty for my super intelligent Sheltie!

I LOVE the gray color because it works with all decor, I also LOVE the crazy, fun shape. My dream would be to see it even larger because I would love to use it as a mat too!

FROM PAW5:Your dog is going to thank you for adding a little enrichment to their day! No other product on the market is as engaging for their amazing sense of smell as Wooly. You’re also going to love watching them forage their way through dinner or snack time – a snuffle mat is a fun adventure for both of you – so enjoy!

Comments

1. This would be fun for Fred and Wilma. I can comment with my phone if I go through Google plus but not if I use the app for my phone. Go figure

2. Elliot and Cricket says:

That looks great! Bet Cricket would have a good time with it.
    Elliot and Cricket x

Our friend in Germany sent us a hand made variety when we got Madison. I don’t use it, but Madison and Bailie love to sniff through and find the hidden treats. They are a great idea!
    Emma recently posted…Backlighting – Pet Photography Challenge Week 1My Profile

4. oh do you think that mat would be great for a weiminator like me too? the mama said she wants efurrything what gives her 2 free minutes ;O))))
    easyweimaraner recently posted…MISCHIEF MO(A)NDAYMy Profile

5. Oh Dakota, I was cheering you on as you snuffled your way through that mat for all the goodies hidden inside. That is a brilliant way to engage your mind while eating something healthy. Paws Up to your mom for getting that for you!
    Oz the Terrier recently posted…3 Reasons to Visit Three Rivers State ParkMy Profile

6. Magic would love this! I bet my Karma-Kat would, too. Hmnnn… Thanks, I’d seen this on someone else’s blog but forgot about it so glad of the reminder.

7. Arlene says:

Dakota sure seems to enjoy it.
    I wonder if cats would like it?
    Little Kitty needs things to play with to keep her out of trouble. 🙂

8. What fun making Dakota work for his treats. I’m sure he’s loving this.

Have a woof woof day Dakota. My best to your wonderful mom. ♥♥♥
    Comedy Plus recently posted…Awww MondaysMy Profile

9. I think me and Stanley would play fetch with it!

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley

10. My mom made three snuffle mats for Christmas and one of them was for ME! I love it, in fact I just had treats in it again this morning. Now the one you have is machine washable which is an improvement. Snuffle mats are sure a wonderful invention and I think every dog needs one. Your pal, Toby
    Amy and Toby recently posted…A Trip To The ArcticMy Profile

11. What a great idea to keep Dakota busy snuffling for treats! Thanks for sharing. ♥
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…BFTB NETWoof News January 9, 2017My Profile

12. Wow, that IS a pawsome tool to engage those super clever canine minds. I’m going to look for one of those. Maybe it’ll keep the Ninja from eating my reading glasses! BOL 😇
    Monika & Sam recently posted…Monday MoaningsMy Profile

13. Debbie says:

I have a collection of dog puzzle toys that I share with my ferrets too. In fact, I rotate puzzles on a daily basis for the ferrets. The Snuffle Mat looks like it will be great for all my furry family members. I’m going to buy them one. Thanks for writting about it.

14. What a cool mat. Not sure if it would be fun for us pugs with no snouts to snuffle in between!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & mabel
    Idaho PugRanch recently posted…It is TOO DANG COLD!My Profile

15. sara, oreo & chewy says:

This is a great idea! Oreo would really love it if I hid rabbit poop in there 🙂

16. Sabina says:

What a marvelous toy! If I had a dog I would definitely want that for him!

17. Harley says this is just not his kind of fun! Enjoy Dakota!
    Groovy Goldendoodles recently posted…IRREGULAR COAT QUESTIONMy Profile

It’s a porcupine.
    Kismet recently posted…The truth is out-Kali is a pervertMy Profile

19. Wooly snuffle mat looks really fun! 🙂 Recently I’ve been really interested in these kind of interactive dog toys. It seems like Dakota really enjoyed playing with the mat! <3
    HAPPY&HAZEL recently posted…Every Dog Has Its Day, Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining – #MondayMotivationMy Profile

20. Sand spring Chesapeakes says:

Interesting, my gang might just rip up the Matt to find the kibbles

21. KateV says:

This is as the top of my wishlist, but unfortunately the price tag is too steep for me right now- especially since there’s a good chance my dogs may see it as a tug toy rather than a food toy! I’m hoping paw5 will offer a discount code at some point, but no luck so far.

22. Oh my goodness, what a unique and fun product! I am incredibly intrigued now, and I think that my girl Astrid would love something like this. Thank you for sharing this with us, Dakota and Caren!
    The Menagerie Mom recently posted…(Almost) Wordless Wednesday: Boring!My Profile

23. What FUN! Icy would love to stick her giant Husky snout into this woolly game! I love Dakota’s pretty red bandana, it’s perfect for him- very Lassie-like, even though he’s a Sheltie.
    Love & Biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

24. OMD!! Who knew! Who would have guessed! That does look like fun! MJF would not get his meals in there…well not all of it, cause he gets some supplements added to the dish. Those would make a mess on that mat.

Since he is a digger pup, I wonder if it would hold up? He also likes to take bits of his stuffed toys and pull up on them…hence destroying them,..and his doggy beds as well…sheesh:(

Thanks fr sharing about this mat!
    Pipo/Minko/MrJackFreckles recently posted…Sunday Selfies ~ Plus ~ Our Christmas Cards As We have Gotten Them, Mostly E-Cards. Thanks!My Profile

25. Rachel says:

What a cool mat! I bet our dog would love this. Perhaps the cats, too!
    Rachel recently posted…5 Reasons to Adopt an Adult CatMy Profile