America: I wish that more people would learn something from dogs….BE A DOG!

rockin-k9s-2

After a particularly stressful week, I had the pleasure of attending the Novi Pet Expo last Sunday. While there I was watching the Rock -N- Roll K9 Performance Team and had an epiphany.

When dogs meet other dogs they don’t care if the dog has black fur, gray fur, brown fur, white fur, if they have mixed color fur. Dogs don’t care if they are pure bred or “mixes.” They don’t care about what country they each emigrated from.  They sniff the butts of the opposite sex and the same-sex.  They don’t care. They just ARE. They do their jobs. They come together. (I apologize for my  wobbly video below, watch for the last dog that has a “thank you” sign)

I was overcome with pride and emotion when I watched these adorable dogs parading around the ring. This was just what I needed after a week of filthy attacks that were being shot like missiles from  “friends” as well as “foes.” I admit that I shot off quite a few myself.  The entire week had made me physically ill, I couldn’t think, couldn’t function, that is, until Sunday when I observed these wonderful dogs working as a TEAMMy “take-away?”

I wish that more people

would learn something from dogs

rock-n-roll-k9s-edited

Comments

1. Well said!
    Margret Abbott recently posted…Tips from a Web Designer: On Widgets, Themes, and Essential ToolsMy Profile

2. That was totally pawsome!
    Monika & Sam recently posted…One of Those WednesdaysMy Profile

3. Dogs are the nicest people! ♥
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…5 Reasons to Smile With Our DogsMy Profile

4. So true!
    Kinley Westie recently posted…Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

5. Elliot and Cricket says:

If everyone was like dogs this world would be a whole lot better!
    Elliot and Cricket x

6. that is so true… we would solve problems without bad words and without throwing with dirt… and we would wagg with our tails instead to talk for 87 hours… think I throw my hat in the election next year, seems a canini-date is better than all the candidates we have by now…
    easy rider recently posted…easyblog DIY THURSDAYMy Profile

My mom always says if humans were more like dogs, the world would be a better place
    Emma recently posted…Always Watch Your Back!My Profile

8. This post speaks volumes. “What a beautiful world it would be if people had hearts like dogs.” If only. Well, I hope your week is looking better now, with help of these beautiful dogs!
    The Menagerie Mom recently posted…Thimble Thursday: Glam It UpMy Profile

9. That would be great. They would get off the streets. Quit rioting and destroying their neighborhoods. Quit killing each other. Quit assaulting each other. Quit killing cops. Start being kind. Start setting the example they claim to represent.

Have a woof woof day Dakota. My best to your wonderful mom. ♥♥♥
    Comedy Plus recently posted…RIP Deputy Dennis WallaceMy Profile

10. What a wonderful world it would be!
    Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley
    Murphy & Stanley recently posted…Busy Busy!My Profile

11. Amen my sister!

12. Novroz says:

Totally agree with the last sentence…dogs don’t care about colours…neither should we 🙂
    Novroz recently posted…Welcome to Our Life, Baby AnkaMy Profile

13. sara, oreo & chewy says:

And here I thought after the election things would calm down. Boy was I wrong. I think its worse now, keep hoping to wake up and realize it was all a bad dream.

Dog for president!

14. Dawn says:

Dogs definitely know the best way to live.

We could not agree more! Thanks for sharing the video, glad that experience helped you to feel better.
    Jan K recently posted…Soft & Sweet – 10 Things I Love About SamanthaMy Profile

16. Dogs or cats don’t judge and we can learn much from them. We need more pawsitive experiences like this to focus on. xo

17. Thanks so much! Dog wisdom is something we can/should all learn from.
    Pipo/Minko/MrJackFreckles recently posted…Getting Ready For Thanksgiving ~ Sunday SelfiesMy Profile

18. Donna and Zoey says:

As a rock and roll K9s member Zoey the beagle and I thank you for your post

Hi Donna and Zoey!!! You are MOST WELCOME!!!!! Actually, My Mom was blown away by your performance, SHE wants to thank YOU!!! Barks and licks and love, Dakota