When a House is NOT a “HOME”

Trying to concentrate on some things I have to get done, but I am having a hard time doing so. It’s quiet here, WAY too quiet!

Dakota’s Dad dropped him off at the Vet this morning to get his teeth cleaned. He has had the procedure before, his blood work was 100% normal,  but I still worry.

I thought I would use the quiet time here to get some work done, but I can’t. I can’t concentrate. Nothing feels right.

Dakota Lifestyle Nutrish looking at camera

I look to my side while typing at the computer  and the giant ball of fur that is usually sleeping peacefully next to me isn’t here.

I hear doors open in our hallway that “Security Dog Dakota” would be on top off,  but  there is no barking.

I get up to get something to eat and I have no one stalking me to see what I am eating.

Lindy Gourmet dog treats Dakota after eating

Sure, our cat, Cody, is somewhere in our home sleeping. As is often the case with cats, he hasn’t a care in the world that his brother isn’t home.

cody-sleeping-amazing-photo-2011-july

I guess I am less cat-like than I originally thought. Until that smiling bundle of fur comes through our door later today, our house just won’t feel like a HOME.

dakota clowie

Hurry home Dakota!

Your Mama (and Dad), and yes, even Cody too,

ARE MISSING YOU!!!!!

xoxoxo

UPDATE! Vet called at around 1pm. Said they took Dakota earlier than they expected to. All went well!!! Said he has been out of anesthesia for some time and will be ready to go around dinnertime!  Vet said his teeth cleaned up great!!!! Excited to see my crazy boy!!!  (Remind me I said that tomorrow when he is on my nerves again lol)

Comments

1. I understand you…. and I hope he is back soon with fabulous white teeth and the first sheltie smile is for you, I bet :o)
    easy rider recently posted…easyblog BLAST FROM THE PASTMy Profile

2. Awwe I love this and it’s so true. A house is not a home when we’re not surrounded by the fur babies! Dakota and Cody look utterly adorable.

3. Jenny says:

So true! I love if I get the opportunity to be dog-less for a couple hours so I can actually get things done. But when it comes to it, I don’t know what to do with myself once Storm is not there.

Hugs,
    Paws & Storm
    Jenny recently posted…Wordless Wednesday – More Park PicsMy Profile

4. Awww, such sweet furry company. Yes, we all miss them, even when they’re just getting their teeth cleaned. 😉
    Hurry home, Dakota, your mama needs you! <3
    Monika & Sam recently posted…3 Day Quote ~ Rudyard KiplingMy Profile

5. I know this feeling. I so remember this with Little Bit. Waiting and waiting.

Have a woof woof day Dakota and get back home soon so mom can quit worrying. ♥♥♥
    Comedy Plus recently posted…Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

Next month we have to endure it. Kali gets her first teeth cleaning.
    Kismet recently posted…Be smart and look smartMy Profile

7. We sure hope your house becomes a home in due time. Its awful when the ones we love are not there to take up the spots and roles we know them to be part of. Its almost eerie. Hope all is well, sending POTP!
    Pipo/Minko/MrJackFreckles recently posted…Not Looking At The Camera SelfiesMy Profile

8. Nothing like a snoring dog.

We get it. My mom can’t do anything with the blog if I am not home. Thankfully, I am only gone a few times a year to the spa, and only for a couple hours.
    Emma recently posted…Assume Squirrel PositionMy Profile

Yep! You do! When Dakota is gone for grooming it doesn’t bother me at all, for grooming, I always am just enjoying some silence and he always seems to return too soon lol! For this though, I think it was the anesthesia that had me so nervous!
      Dakota recently posted…When a House is NOT a “HOME”My Profile

10. Peyton says:

It is tough having to wait while they are not there. Nothing to do but wait. Glad he is ok.
    Peyton recently posted…Love Your Pet: Ensuring Pet HealthMy Profile

11. M’s heart just stopped after beginning reading. She was talking to someone and reading at the same time, therefore missing the sentence that Dakota was at the vet having his toothies cleaned. Whew! There for a minute she was thinking something horrible had happened to him. We’re sure happy he’s okay. M said she has to stop trying to do two things at the same time. It just doesn’t work for her.
    mariodacat roever recently posted…YIKES – I Did Not Do It!My Profile

12. sara, oreo & chewy says:

Oh, that is the worst! They really are entwined in our lives more than we realize sometimes.

13. I am glad Dakota is fine, I always worry when a person or pet has to go under.
    Ellen Pilch recently posted…Mostly Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

14. So glad it went well. So when the vet called to say they had taken Dakota earlier than planned, did you think you had worried at the wrong time of day? That happens to me…lol.
    2 Brown Dawgs recently posted…There Is Always Time To Play With A KongMy Profile

OMG!! Why am I not getting your blog anymore? I wondered what happened to you! I have to see if I can figure out what happened, I sure didn’t unsubscribe! Well, I was worried ALL day so it didn’t matter! lol!!!!
      Dakota recently posted…When a House is NOT a “HOME”My Profile

15. Yay glad all went well! It’s so hard when they have to be at the vet all day.

xoxo,
    Bell Fur Zoo Mama
    Bell Fur Zoo recently posted…Tongue Out TuesdayMy Profile

16. Daisy says:

I know how you feel. I’m glad everything went well and by now, your boy is home safe and sound with you again. Tomorrow will be a better day! 🙂

17. I miss the boys when we have to wait to pick them up after a vacation. It is horribly lonesome without the pitter patter pitter patter of their feet. BOL! I’m glad Dakota and his pearly whites are ready to come home. ♥
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…Light a Candle and #RememberMeThursdayMy Profile

18. i went through the exact same thing yesterday for the exact same reason! bailey went to the vet for a dental cleaning too and my home felt quiet and empty without her; and i felt like i was missing my left arm! she is such a tiny little thing but she is such a big part of my life.
    bailey unleashed recently posted…real men walk chihuahuasMy Profile

Ohhhh (((hugs)))) to you!!!!! Yep, you sooo know!!! You went through so much with Bailey this past year (or was it the year before?) that you had to be a wreck!! Thank goodness she is ok!!!
      Dakota recently posted…When a House is NOT a “HOME”My Profile

19. Lynne says:

That’s exactly how I feel when one of ours is at the vet, it’s like your whole life is just on hold until they come back.
    So happy to hear everything went well with Dakota.
    Lynne x

20. Sue says:

It just never feels right when one of my pups is missing, though I don’t think Skeeter cares much. LOL Glad Dakota did so well with the teeth cleaning and now has sparkling pearly whites!

21. I know how you feel when our furbabies aren’t at home! I’ll feel restless the whole day and don’t know what to do when Eva and Mika aren’t at home; I feel LOST!

So glad that everything went well and Dakota is home now.

22. Oh, I know exactly what you’re talking about. I am so glad Dakota’s dental went well! I bet you were so happy to see him, and that he was even happier to see you!
    The Menagerie Mom recently posted…Thimble Thursday: On the LookoutMy Profile

Thank you!! I went to the Vet with Daddy to pick him up (I usually don’t, I usually let his Dad get him)….poor Dad, Dakota ran IMMEDIATELY to “Mom”………then to Dad next………they know that the Mamas make them feel better!!!
      Dakota recently posted…When a House is NOT a “HOME”My Profile

23. We know just how you feel! When Rhette had his surgery she couldn’t believe how much she missed him for just one day. And that’s with having me and Taffy for company. Hope Dakota is all recovered. Love Dolly
    Dolly the Doxie recently posted…Dolly Heads West to #DiscoverPortageParkMy Profile

24. Our mom says she knows what you mean! Hope Dakota will be home very soon!

Momo & Pinot
    Momo & Pinot recently posted…BBQ Chicken Weekend!My Profile

We’re so glad Dakota’s teeth cleaning went well. Hope he is back to being himself and driving you crazy today. LOL
    I worry all day and feel out of sorts when one of the crew is at the vet’s, no matter how routine it is. I can barely focus on anything and I don’t accomplish much until they’re back home with us.
    Jan K recently posted…Ain’t Nothin’ But a Spoiled Hound Dog – Pet Treater ReviewMy Profile

26. We know how you feel! Mom worries like the dickens when we’re at the vet without her!! When she dropped off Baby Agnes to be spayed (this was years ago) she said she sat in the parking lot and cried! Same thing when she dropped Angel LadyBird off for her spay surgery. Tears were a’flowing’!
    Toby and the Wrecking Crew recently posted…Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

27. So happy to see your footnote that all is well . . . and I hope Dakota hasn’t gotten on your nerves too much today. 😉 In the last few months, Harper Lee’s been gone for a day for a tooth extraction, Tallulah was gone for a day to be spayed, and both of the dogs were at a friend’s house over night because I got back in town too late to pick them up. The emptiness was horrible!
    Miss Harper Lee recently posted…Still Sizzling in September (and Voting Continues)My Profile

28. I can’t EVEN imagine. I would have had to go with my laptop and sit there the entire time. I know exactly how you felt. You are not alone my friend….