Dog Days of Dakota #NutrishPets #Ad

Rachael Ray Nutrish has sponsored this post, but all opinions are my own.

Dakota Lifestyle Nutrish looking at camera

Hi my friends! It’s Dakota, and I am super happy that you could stop by today! If you look at the photo above, I am reporting to you from my spot right behind where Mom wastes time works on mine and Cody’s blogs. Since Mom wastes time works from home, this is where you while find me!

As any Sheltie lover knows, we are working/herding dogs, and we take our jobs seriously! Did you know that I work 24-7? Why Yes! I do!

My day starts quite early. My kitty brother, Cody, begins his annoying, whining quest for food, meowing for breakfast, often at around 4:30 am. Mom ignores him. Who gets up with us at the you-know-what crack of dawn to feed us? YOU GOT IT!! It is my DAD who gets up and gives both Cody and I our breakfast. If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that the ONLY food that I eat is Nutrish!  Just like humans need a good breakfast to begin their day, I do too, and Nutrish is the ONLY food that I want or need!

Dakota Lifestyle Nutrish sniffing bag

A good breakfast gives me the energy I need to protect my Mom while she works, it also gives me energy to perform my MANY other important Sheltie tasks:

• Barking at leaves blowing in the wind
  • Barking at the neighbors who I see 50 times a day
  • Barking when I hear FedEx or UPS
  • Barking when I hear ANYONE in the hallway outside of our door
  • Barking at my kitty brother to alert him that the mail carrier has arrived
  • Barking when it is time for dinner
  • Barking to hear myself bark
  • Barking so that every dog in the world knows that I exist

(Notice a pattern here? Below you will see just how seriously I take my work! Mom apologizes for how dark the video is, but it will give you an idea of what my day entails)

See what I mean? My work is NEVER done!!! Yeah, I might take a nap here and there, or go for a walk, or maybe run around with my plush football, or chase Cody, but the majority of the time I am protecting my pack. My “pack” being Mom, Dad and Cody. All of that hard work spurs my appetite and at 5pm it is time for, you got it, DINNER!!!

When it is time for dinner, it is  Dad once again who is my HERO!!!   DAD  is the person who brings me my delicious DINNER!!

Dakota Lifestyle Nutrish and Lenny

Before I eat, I make sure I say my prayers and stop and think of the woofies who need barks of support. Some might be  ill, or some woofies aren’t as lucky as I am. Many woofies don’t have a Mom or a Dad that feeds them their favorite food, they are in shelters hoping to find a forever home. I am a lucky woofie. I make it a point not to lose sight of that. I have parents who love me and make sure that I have my favorite food, my ONLY FOOD. THAT FOOD is Nutrish!!

Dakota Lifestyle Nutrish Looking at bowl

After saying my prayers, it is time to gobble up my “delish” Nutrish!!!

As lucky as I am to have my favorite food, and parents and kitty brother who love me, I have to admit, sometimes being an Ambassadog gets on my nerves!!!! Why? The puparazzi,  my Mom NEVER stops taking photos! Can’t a dog eat in peace??? I wish someone would let her know just how annoying it is to have a camera in their face while they are trying to enjoy their most FAVORITE time of the day, MEAL TIME!!!!! Excuse me while I grab my Dad for some help!!!!

Dakota lifestyle Nutrish Dad are we done yet

Whew!!! I think she heard me, and is FINALLY  letting me eat !!! Woofies! I hope that after you work hard taking care of YOUR pack, that  you get more consideration than I do! !!

As usual, my Dad saved me!!! I will have to remember that for Father’s Day, (pssst…which happens to be THIS SUNDAY!!),  and give him some EXTRA SPECIAL LOVING!!! After all, Mom helps me be an Ambassadog, but it is DAD who FILLS MY BOWL!!! Now if you will excuse me……………I have some Nutrish to eat! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

Dakota Lifestyle Nutrish eating

Twitter

Facebook Nutrish

Instagram

• About Rachael Ray Nutrish:
    • In 2007, with help from pet nutrition experts, Rachael Ray created Nutrish super-premium food and treats for dogs inspired by recipes from her own kitchen. In 2014, we were very excited to grow the brand into the world of cat food. Whether intended for dogs or cats, Nutrish recipes are made with simple, wholesome ingredients like real meat or fish, and do not contain poultry by-product meal or fillers.
    • Rachael’s personal proceeds go to Rachael’s Rescue®, which was created to help animals in need. To date, she has donated over $14MM. This money has gone toward food, medical supplies and treatments for these unfortunate animals. All of the Rachael Ray Nutrish products are available where you shop for your family’s groceries, making specialty recipes accessible and convenient for every pet parent.

Comments

1. You are too funny Dakota!! Sweet and funny!! And barky…just like me, BOL! I think like me you are a barkaholic! In a few weeks I will add to my barking work cause the balloons will he here I hate those things and bark them right out of sight. The worst times are when they try to land in the field across from my den,,,I go so barky I get hoarse…OMD! Grrr!
    Enjoy your noms!
    And those are great pictures of you and your Dad!!

Yep we barkers are the BEST aren’t we? It just dawned on Mom and I…..where is your blog???? we haven’t seen any posts in our inbox!!! Uh oh!!!! Wait, balloons? Is there a barkday? Barks and licks and love, Dakota
      Dakota recently posted…Dog Days of Dakota #NutrishPets #AdMy Profile

2. Jenny says:

Hi Dakota,
    Storm here! I LOVE that first pic of you above! My mom also constantly takes pics of me also so I know how you feel!

Mom wants me to let you know that we (not I–SHE) have fallen behind with reading your blog but “we” hope to catch up very soon!

I found a certain spot in your post very humerous, the part of your mom ignoring Cody at 4:30 in the morning to be fed. I make sure to wake Mom up for food at 3:30! BOL! And she even does it! Not only that but sometimes I make her get up at 2:00 AM! BOL! I always try to see what her limit is, it’s such a fun game we play!

Slobbery kisses,
    Storm 🙂
    Jenny recently posted…CDC awards multimillion-dollar grant to build lupus awareness | Sky Health NewsMy Profile

Hi Storm!! Thank you!! OMD I feel so bad for you that your Mom annoys you too! You and Cody need to get together! Sometimes he is up at 3:30am too!!! But 2am? WOW!!! Sending you barks and licks and love!
      Dakota recently posted…Dog Days of Dakota #NutrishPets #AdMy Profile

3. Dakota you have not only the bestest food, you also have the bestest dad! But my dad is helpful on the foodfront too… he wakes up the mama and says, the dog is barking, maybe he is hungry?
    I barked with you as I heard your voice!!!

Awww Easy!! You are such a good pal!!!! Mom laughed her butt off about your Dad!! Your Dad is like MY Mom!!! Guess what? I could hear you barking all the way from France! Love ya pal!!
      Dakota recently posted…Dog Days of Dakota #NutrishPets #AdMy Profile

4. That sounds like a full day for you Dakota. Your work is never done. I am glad you have a healthy diet to give you the energy you need to battle the world. High Paw!

5. Dear Dakota, we love you to bits! Don’t you agree that sheltie barks are just great music to ears? I think we’re just boisterous and our humans are so blessed to have us entertaining them. Oh, we love your pictures with your dad, two handsome guys!

Barks and love,
    Eva

We love YOU too!!!!! Well, I think that our barks are “music to the ears”, but Mom sure doesn’t agree! She wants to tear her hair out sometimes BOL BOL BOL!!! Thanks about the photos! We love you!
      Dakota recently posted…Dog Days of Dakota #NutrishPets #AdMy Profile

6. Nutrish looks yummy.

And we cracked up so hard when you said…Barking to hear myself bark… Yap that’s a sheltie alright.

Mom’s first dog Trine had a Sheltie friend. She was a big barker too! Glad you like your food so much. Every dog needs a good food they love.
    Emma recently posted…Adopt A Cat Month – Every Cat Deserves A Home With DogsMy Profile

8. I included this post on Awww Mondays too. Just so you know.

Have a woof woof day Dakota. My best to your wonderful mom. ♥♥♥
    Comedy Plus recently posted…Awww MondaysMy Profile

9. Dakota, it sounds like you have a full plate keeping your home safe. Watch out for those FedEx and UPS guys. I hear from Choppy that they can be particularly sneaky, what with their occasional dropping off of toys and food. It’s all a ruse.
    Sarah Ferguson & Choppy recently posted…Here’s Choppy – Grassy Overpass EditionMy Profile

10. what a gorgeous dog! Have a lovely day.
    Kathe W. recently posted…It’s Awww Monday June 13, 2016My Profile

11. Dakota, I am so glad you eat a food that is so healthy for you and keeps your energy up all day long! You have such important work to do aside from being an Ambassadog and Model. Thank goodness your dad has a good internal clock to keep you fed on time. The mom’s are nothing if not puparazzi!
    Oz the Terrier recently posted…#DIY Pet Memorial Gift with Pet PerennialsMy Profile

Hard workers need good nutrition

13. We get up nice and early with Dad, but Mom is always the one who feeds us!
    Cammie!
    The Army of Four recently posted…Brushing Session?My Profile

14. I had no idea how many chores you had a day to do. My cats love Rachel Ray’s cat food.
    Ellen Pilch recently posted…And the Winner IsMy Profile

15. Aw Dakota…you’re too adorably sweet. Both your mum and dad are lucky you are always on duty! ღ May the belly rubs and Nutrish be plentiful.
    Monika & Sam recently posted…Monday MoaningsMy Profile