Remembering “Tula”, My First Mama

Hi and Happy Mother’s Day all !!

(Remember,  you don’t have to be biologically related to be a Mother. You don’t even have to have 2-legged humans to be a Mother, you just have to LOVE.)

Today, I wanted to share a special photo with you. When you see it, the doggy on the left was my doggy Mama. Her name was Tula. I am in the photo on the right.

dakota and tula

My human Mama and I were on Facebook a few weeks ago and decided to visit my breeder’s page because we hadn’t visited her in quite some time.

We were heartbroken when we learned that my beautiful doggy Mama crossed the Bridge in early 2015. She was only 12 years old.

Mom messaged my breeder and told her how shocked and sad she was. Then she told me the heartbreaking news. I was overwhelmed with sadness. After a while though, I began thinking. My breeder said that my Mama was the most “intuitive” dog she had ever had and she is sorely missed.

My human Mama said I not only inherited my handsome looks from my gorgeous Mama, (I have her sensitive eyes), but my human Mama told me that I also inherited her intuitiveness and extreme sensitivity. That made me smile my usual Sheltie smile.

So today, I want to wish my REAL doggy Mama, Tula, a Happy Mother’s Day in Heaven and thank her for loving me first. I also want to thank my breeder for loving me til my human Mama came along. To my human Mama, I love you with all of my Sheltie heart.

dakota mothers day 2013

Comments

1. Your mama Tula looks like you. Precious and for sure she’s smiling from doggy heaven. Happy Mother’s Day to your human mom 🙂 Have a wonderful Mother’s Day/ Golden Woofs SUGAR
    Golden Woofs: Sugar recently posted…Happy Mother’s DayMy Profile

2. I’m so sorry that your fourlegged mom had to go…. my doggie-mom left me too and I’m so glad that I’ve found the momma who brought me home…. and I’m glad you found a super mom too who loves you to the moon and back :o) Happy Mothers Day to your momma and to all that fabulous mom’s of slice earth :O)
    easy rider recently posted…easyblog HAPPY MOTHERSDAYMy Profile

Oh Easy I am so sorry!!!! I am glad you found your Momma too, your Momma ADORES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoping your Momma is feeling better too!!! Happy Mother’s Day!! Barks and licks and love, Dakota
      Dakota recently posted…Remembering “Tula”, My First MamaMy Profile

3. Shelia says:

Thank you Dakota, Tula was an amazing creature and so are you

4. Awwww, what a beautiful post.

Have a woof woof day Dakota. My very best to your wonderful two legged mamma. ♥♥♥
    Comedy Plus recently posted…Silly SundayMy Profile

5. Beautiful post Dakota! Your Momma was gorgeous.

xoxo,
    Matt & Matilda

6. Toby says:

Your birth mom was beautiful – you certainly got her good looks! A beautiful tribute to her!

It’s a shame that we pets don’t get to spend too much time with our parents.
    Kismet recently posted…Identical twinsMy Profile

8. Your birth Mama was beautiful Dakota. Give Caren a big cuddle from all of us today for Mom’s Day!!!
    Luvs
    Marty and the Gang

9. Your mama was special and passed it on! Happy Mother’s Day!

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley
    Murphy & Stanley recently posted…Nothin’ To Say SundayMy Profile

10. Wishing all moms a wonderful day!
    Hailey and Zaphod recently posted…Happy Mother’s Day!My Profile

11. I am sorry your biological Mom went to the Bridge too soon. Happy Mother’s Day to your 2-legged Mom.
    Ellen Pilch recently posted…Happy Mother’s Day!My Profile

12. Your bio=mama was lovely, Dakota! I’m sorry to say mine has passed away, too. Maggie was able to send hers a text to wish her a happy Mothers Day, though!
    Happy Mom’s Day to your biped mom!
    Cammie!
    The Army of Four recently posted…Serene Scenery SundayMy Profile

Awww, Tula was beautiful!

Happy Mother’s Day!

14. Tula was a beautiful girl. Happy Mother’d Day!
    Sand Spring Chesapeakes recently posted…Happy Mothers DayMy Profile

15. we are all so special to have tow mommies in our lives – both of which were and are s special
    Reilly Cowspotdog recently posted…Happy Mothers DayMy Profile

16. Your doggy mom was very beautiful, Dakota!
    Ann Staub recently posted…Happy Mother’s DayMy Profile

17. Your birth mom sure was a beautiful girl, Dakota. How sweet of you to wish her a Happy Mother’s Day at the Bridge. Happy Mother’s Day to your human Mom, too. Tell her we love her lots, okay? 🙂
    meowmeowmans recently posted…Happy Mother’s Day! 🙂My Profile

18. your mama sure was a beauty. i can see where your good looks came from.
    bailey unleashed recently posted…happy mother’s day!My Profile

19. You’re so sweet, Dakota! Your mama Tula was so beautiful!

20. What a pretty mom you were blessed to have!
    Sarah Ferguson & Choppy recently posted…Here’s Choppy! Leafy Path EditionMy Profile

So sorry about your doggy mom, but you do have a wonderful human mom to celebrate with!
    Emma recently posted…Spring Cleaning With PL360 Pet Friendly Cleaning Products {Giveaway}My Profile

22. Hope your Mother’s Day was spectacular! ღ
    Monika & Sam recently posted…Monday MusingsMy Profile

23. Dakota, I’m so sorry to hear that your doggie mama crossed the Rainbow Bridge. But, she lives on in you! I’m sure your doggie mama had a beautiful heavenly Mother’s Day, watching over all of her sweet babies like you.

And I hope that your human mama had a lovely Mother’s Day, Dakota! You gave her lots and lots of extra Sheltie snuggles, right?
    The Menagerie Mom recently posted…Mancat Monday: Me and My ShadowMy Profile

24. You are so very blessed to have two moms that loved you! You mom, Tula was beautiful. Give your human mom lots of hugs and kisses!
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…BFTB NETWoof News May 9, 2016My Profile

25. Kia says:

Aw, y’all are twinsies. Sorry to learn of her passing. I hope your human mom had an awesome Mother’s Day!

26. How sweet! So sorry to hear of your mama’s passing. Only 12. Sad.

27. Happy Mother’s Day to both your moms. So sorry to hear about you mama Tula.
    2 Brown Dawgs recently posted…Get Your Gator #chewyinfluencerMy Profile

28. How precious was your Doggy Mom!

And we love how you are doting in your human Mom!

Way belated Mother’s Day woofs to your Mom!!