Discovering My Inner Fox

Hi my friends! It’s Dakota!!!

A few weeks ago, our dear friend from Crunchkins, Inc. posted this photo on my Mom’s Facebook page:

sheltie or fox

When I saw this, I flashed Mom one of my winning Sheltie smiles!! Why? Because Mom says that often when she looks at me she thinks I resemble a Fox, and I have heard other Sheltie parents say that their Sheltie resembles a Fox as well.

Then, the other day, Mom was excited to find out that she had won a prize over at one of our favorite blogs:

CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO FIND OUT WHY MOM WON A PRIZE!!!

CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO FIND OUT WHY MOM WON A PRIZE!!!

Mom just LOVES the drawings that are on THE FOUR-LEGGED FURBALLS blog, and she was excited to learn that she had won a  drawing of ME and my kitty brother, Cody………she couldn’t have been more thrilled!!!! Take a look at MY drawing!!!

Dakota drawing four legged furballs

Mom LOVES this drawing but she and I had a good laugh!!!! What do you think was the FIRST thing we both thought of when we saw this? You got it!!! Mom thought that I look exactly like a FOX in this drawing!!!  It is a darling drawing and we LOVE IT!

So, what do YOU think? Do you see a Sheltie or a Fox when you look at a Sheltie?

Do you see a Sheltie or a Fox in the drawing?

Discuss!!

Barks and licks and love, Dakota

Comments

1. Momma says I look like a lil arctic fox a lot – I has a pointier face dan a lotta westies do.
    Whitley Westie recently posted…Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

2. OMD!! You sure *do* look super foxy there, Dakota!

What a great drawing, by yhe way:)

3. when humans say a girl looks like a fox. That means she is pretty sexy.. It is a compliment. I think you are foxy Dakota

4. Dakota’s colors are more unique than the poor, plainer fox. But the smile – there is decidedly similarity 🙂

5. Your mom is so talented and we love your ‘foxy’ look, Dakota!

I got to go now, I need a mirror to see whether I’ve that foxy look too! 🙂

Love and barks,
    Eva
    Eva or sometimes Priscilla recently posted…I know you’ve missed me…My Profile

Thank you but my Mom didn’t draw that!!!! It was the Mom from the blog I linked to above! Oh yes Eva, you are sooooooo “FOXY!!” Barks and licks and love, Dakota
      Dakota recently posted…Discovering My Inner FoxMy Profile

6. Toby says:

You’re just a foxy Sheltie!!

I wish I resembled a peacock.
    Kismet recently posted…Kali’s resumé for the 2017 IditarodMy Profile

8. the foxy picture of you looks darned cute… I love it… and maybe there is something of a fox in every sheltie? that could be the reason that foxes and sheltie’s are clever and smart :o)
    easy rider recently posted…easyblog BLAST FROM THE PASTMy Profile

Easy, as always, I LOVE how you think! You are one smart woofie!! Are you SURE you aren’t part SHELTIE??!! BOL BOL BOL! Barks and licks and love, Dakota
      Dakota recently posted…Discovering My Inner FoxMy Profile

9. I’ve always thought that adorable Shelties look like foxes, too! And I’m so glad you and your mom like the drawing, Dakota. I really enjoyed drawing you, handsome fella!
    The Menagerie Mom recently posted…All About EddyMy Profile

Oh we LOVE THAT DRAWING!! We LOVE the one of Cody too!! They are so adorable and were so thoughtful! Mom says she has to get frames for them! Barks and licks and love, Dakota
      Dakota recently posted…Discovering My Inner FoxMy Profile

10. I love the drawing too and you do favor a fox a little. It’s a good thing.

Have a woof woof day Dakota. My best to your wonderful mom. ♥♥♥
    Comedy Plus recently posted…Feline FridayMy Profile

11. I think you are foxy but definitely not a fox in the scary way. BOL! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your drawing! Congratulations.
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…Spring Cleaning with #PetSmartGroomingMy Profile

12. You do look very much like a fox Dakota.
    That reminds me of when Bridge was alive, she used to love to roll in fox pee in the park. She absolutely stank! It didn’t help that she looked like a fox too – good thing we didn’t come across any foxhounds on our walk.
    Dip and Elliot x

13. What a great drawing!
    You DO look a bit fox-like! But in a nice way!
    Cammie!
    The Army of Four recently posted…A Day Full of Surprises!My Profile

14. We think that is very good. Our mom struggles to draw a stick figure!
    Murphy & Stanley recently posted…Little Wheelie House LifeMy Profile

15. What a great drawing. You were a very lucky winner for sure. Dakota you are so handsome. Fox are cute and nice, but you look much more handsome than a fox and your smile is award winning.

Awww Mario thank you!! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

16. Well, we’ve always thought you were a foxy dog, Cody. Just saying! 🙂
    meowmeowmans recently posted…Happy Birthday to Our Mom! 🙂My Profile

You’re one foxy Sheltie!
    Emma recently posted…Fun Classic Lawn Games For DogsMy Profile

18. Emilio says:

Looking very foxy, Dakota!!! Beautiful 🙂
    Emilio recently posted…How To Get Your Dog To Use Its Orthopedic Dog BedMy Profile

19. You are so lucky to win the drawings, I love her art. I think you look like adorable you, but a slight fox resemblance.

We knew you were foxy

21. I see a Sheltie Fox a new breed! 😀 It’s such a cute drawing! <3 Happy Spring to you guys! 🙂
    HAPPY HAZEL recently posted…How to be a Top Dog with #PetSmartGrooming!My Profile

You do look like a fox! I love the drawing. So cute!

23. One ‘foxy’ Sheltie, I say! Congrats on the win-it’s as adorable as you, Dakota. <3
    Monika & Sam recently posted…Saturday SmileMy Profile