A Barking Good Time!

We have been experiencing some wonderful and unseasonably warm weather here in Michigan and we try to take advantage of it every chance we get! I filmed this video a few weeks ago during our first warm spell, and I anticipate after the warm week we had last week, that there are many more fun times ahead!

Dakota loves to play fetch with his Dad and loves to bark to tell him when to throw the ball. I apologize that it is a little fuzzy, I was on the balcony of our second floor condo and had to “zoom”…….

May YOU have a BARKING GOOD TIME this weekend as well!

Comments

1. Looks like you had a lotta fun!
    Whitley Westie recently posted…Wheely PracticeMy Profile

2. What fun!!
    I do enjoy this weather, so much better than snow…even the rain is better than that white stuff, BOL!

3. I have been loving this weather. We still have some snow an ice but the driveway is a good place to throw the ball for Fred to fetch. She loves it. Instead of barking she jumps straight up hoping to catch it before it hits the ground.

4. Look how happy you are! I love the way you play fetch. 🙂 Thanks for sharing the cute video!

Hugs and licks <3

-puppydoc

5. Can I come join you play fetch? My dad doesn’t play fetch with me like your dad does to you 🙁

Barks and Licks
    Eva
    Eva or sometimes Priscilla recently posted…Happy 16th Laura!My Profile

Oh Eva I would LOVE if you joined us!!! My Dad doesn’t play all of the time either……he tries but sometimes he can’t. I love it!!! Barks and licks and love, Dakota
      Dakota recently posted…A Barking Good Time!My Profile

6. Oh I hope we get such weather too… what’s better than to watch the boys from a balcony while enjoying the sun :o)
    easy rider recently posted…easyblog THIS MOMENT…My Profile

Being a Sheltie, I’m sure you love to play fetch. Years ago the neighbor had a Sheltie who played Frisbee fetch endlessly. Enjoy!
    Emma recently posted…Katie Has a Mitral Valve Tumor – A Tumor In Her HeartMy Profile

Well…I don’t love it “endlessly” when I’ve had enough I walk to the steps to come in BOL. Barks and licks and love, Dakota
      Dakota recently posted…A Barking Good Time!My Profile

You FINALLY taught your Dad how to play fetch.
    Kismet recently posted…Happy Hoppy DanceMy Profile

9. Toby says:

Wow!! You had lots of fun with your dad!!!

10. Spring and Dakota have sprung!

11. Bailey says:

What fun. We love the warm weather too.
    Bailey recently posted…Good News at the VetMy Profile

12. I love how Dakota’s bouncy run! It was funny that he missed retrieving the ball the alst time and when they went back to get he was like, “You get it Dad and throw it to me again.” BOL!
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…How to Make a Salt Dough Paw Print Keepsake #DIYMy Profile

lol thank you! Yes, he was “talking” to Dad too telling him to throw the ball. He DID bring it back though, but one or two times he didn’t.

13. I just came from Cody’s paw licks to your playing ball with daddy. I’m on cuteness overload.

Have a woof woof day Dakota. My best to your peeps. ♥♥♥
    Comedy Plus recently posted…Feline FridayMy Profile

Awww you are the sweetest!!! Yes, Cody sits inside relaxing while Dakota does all of the work lol! xoxoxo

14. We are having nice weather too, enjoy! Love Dolly
    Dolly the Doxie recently posted…Dolly’s Bloopers Reel #2: #Itchy Dog and MoreMy Profile

It’s been a bit weird here lately. Warm, then cold then rain ugh

same here, it’s been really strange. It has been a pretty mild winter. We are warmer now but it is only March…we will probably have a blizzard on the first day of Spring lol

16. Wow, Dakota is really enjoying himself!
    Dip and Elliot x

Yep!! When he is in the mood to be out he has a super time!!!!! xoxo

That’s adorable! Love Dakota’s prancy run technique.

CHewy and Oreo play fetch the same way. They especially like it when I throw it, they run to get it, but don’t, and I have to fetch it. Maybe they think I’m a dog?

Enjoy the early spring. I’m sure next winter we’ll all be paying for this year!

Aww thank you! Yep, that “prancy run technique” is something you know all too well because you have had all Shelties!! Shelties prance! Dakota gets the ball much of the time, until he decides not to lol. I think we still have some winter left…hoping I am wrong, but I doubt it!

18. Get it Dakota, GET IT! Yeah! Ooooh, I love your “chase me, Dad” moves! Way to go!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher
    The Army of Four recently posted…Photo Finish Friday – Selfie FailMy Profile

thanks my sweet and adorable furiends!! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

19. That’s some good action there!

Keep Calm & Bark On!

Murphy & Stanley
    Murphy & Stanley recently posted…Wordless AddictionMy Profile

20. Great job fetching! Such a cute video.

21. You’re just too cute, Dakota! I loved seeing you have so much fun in this video, and I loved hearing you keep your dad in line. I hope you have lots more barking good times this weekend!
    The Menagerie Mom recently posted…Caturday ArtMy Profile

22. Lots of fun! We need another week or two of warm weather before we can play ball; everything is still covered in snow.
    Helen Stewart recently posted…Throwback ThursdayMy Profile

23. Right back atcha! Nothing as adorable as a smiling sheltie chasing after a ball with joy. Enjoy the lovely weather; we’re having it here too. Hoping summer isn’t gonna be hot as Hades! 🙂
    Monika & Sam recently posted…DST PSAMy Profile

24. Actions!!
    It’s been wonderful and mild here in Toronto, too. ! Enjoy your weekend, Dakota and family!

Momo & Pinot xo

25. We loved seeing you play ball with your dad in the nice weather sweet Dakota. We have had rain for days so Chancy and I play ball inside for now. Wishing you, Cody, your mom and dad a super, barking weekend. Hugs and nose kisses Mags, Chancy and Pooh

26. we loved watching you play fetch with your daddy. you look so happy!
    hope your nice weather continues.
    bailey unleashed recently posted…{this moment} see beautifulMy Profile

27. Pretty good at fetching Dakota!
    2 Brown Dawgs recently posted…Last Snow?My Profile