Foodie Friday: Cookbook: EVERYONE IS ITALIAN ON SUNDAY by Rachael Ray

rachael ray cook book dakota definitely use

All of those orange post-its are TONS of pages I have saved for recipes that I want to make.

Hi every furry and human!! Before I turn today’s post over to my Mom, I wanted you to know that YES, I am once again proud to be an Ambassadog for Rachael Ray Nutrish, (stay tuned, my duties will resume SOON and I have some exciting things up my paw that I will be sharing with you), but this post that Mom is writing today was not sponsored by Nutrish.  My furiends at  Nutrish DID surprise Mom with the cookbook last Fall, however, Mom was under NO OBLIGATION to share it with you. Mom is so ecstatic about  EVERYONE IS ITALIAN ON SUNDAY by Rachael Ray:

rachael ray cook book my cover  and because she is a “foodie” to beat the band, there is no way that she was not going to tell you about what in her opinion is, the FINEST, most COMPREHENSIVE, photographically beautiful, heartfelt  and “delish” cookbook that Rachael has penned thus far.

Why does Mom say this? Look below, the photo you will see is just a PARTIAL compilation of Mom’s cookbook collection written by  Rachael Ray.

rachael ray cook book collection mine

And now I will turn the post over to Mom!

Thanks Dakota! Dakota was correct that the above photo depicts only PART of my Rachael Ray cookbook collection. Also missing from the photo are the boxes upon boxes of magazines with Rachael’s recipes.

As I have stated many, many times on Dakota’s blog, authenticity is important to me. It is a pleasure to write about a person/brand that I have been following since many, many years before I ever began blogging.  I began my Rachael Ray cookbook collection so long ago, that I have no clue what year it was, but I recently found a slip from a book signing that I got up at 4:30 in the morning for, on a FREEZING December day back in 2007 (see slip in photo below), where I stood in line at 5:30 in the morning for at least an hour freezing my butt off,  to claim my wristband for Rachael’s book signing that took place that evening.

rachael ray cook book autograph

I nearly died when I was face-to-face with Rachael as she was signing my book for my husband and I. Normally talkative me was beyond tongue-tied. I could say NOTHING intelligible. So much so that the staff at Borders hurried me through the line like the scene from A Christmas Story where Ralphie is pushed down the slide. My “quiet” husband, suddenly became animated and spoke with Rachael (and she responded!) as if they were the best of friends. Go figure….

So, when I tell you that EVERYONE IS ITALIAN ON SUNDAY is what I consider to be the pinnacle of Rachael’s cookbooks  thus far, I KNOW what I am talking about!

FROM THE RACHAEL RAY STORE:

In Everyone Is Italian on Sunday, Rachael Ray brings you her long-awaited collection of Italian recipes. From traditional classics to her own twists on Italian-American cuisine, this new book is an essential guide of more than 500 recipes for anyone who wants to bring these favorite dishes into their own cucina.

The above description in NO WAY does this book justice. This hard-cover delight is nearly 400 pages. It is so visually stunning that I do not store mine away with my other cookbooks. I have it proudly displayed on my coffee table.

Inside you will find:

An Introduction

FROM RACHAEL RAY IN  EVERYONE IS ITALIAN ON SUNDAY: “For me, this book is the single most important work of my life. It represents decades of enjoying and working with food and the people I love most in this world.”

Recipes For:

Brunch

Starters, Salads, and Small Bites

Soups

RIBOLLITA from page 72. PHOTO BY FRANCES JANISCH. From Rachael Ray: " What makes my ribollita a bit different from the rest is that I always toast my torn, stale bread until it is deep golden brown, very nutty, and fragrant. Also, I add a rind of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese to the stock or the soup itself. I puree half the beans to give the broth some weight."

RIBOLLITA from page 72. PHOTO BY FRANCES JANISCH.

Pizza, Calzones and Focaccia

Pasta, Gnocchi, Polenta, and their Sauces

DRUNKEN SPAGHETTI WITH SWEET ROASTED BEETS AND RICOTTA SALATA PAGE 147 PHOTO BY FRANCES JANISCH

PHOTO BY FRANCES JANISCH

DRUNKEN SPAGHETTI WITH SWEET ROASTED BEETS AND RICOTTA SALATA PAGE 147

Risotto and Grains

Seafood

Pork and Lamb

Beef and Veal

Chicken

rachael ray cook book devil chicken cooked

BAKED DEVIL’S CHICKEN

(My photo, I made this from the book!) The recipe is on page 289 “This is a crispy, spicy chicken that can be served hot, cold or at room temperature” It is FABULOUS!!

Rachael Ray Cook book image 1

CACCIATORE (Hunter-Style Chicken) from page 292 PHOTO BY: FRANCES JANISCH

(This chicken is the next one that I am planning on making!)

Vegetables

Desserts

Cocktails

HUNGRY?

Even Cody wanted to get in on the action!!

Even Cody wanted to get in on the action!!

FROM EVERYONE IS ITALIAN ON SUNDAY “anyone can be an Italian on Sundays, and any day can be made to feel like a Sunday. The magic of an Italian Sunday is in human connections. Food is the great communicator, connecting generations and helping build memories and friendships. It gathers us together and teaches us the importance of sharing not just food, but the best of ourselves.”

“Italian food makes us smile.”

“The meaning of being Italian on Sunday is to prepare food with love, to savor it, and to share it with others, sometimes loudly, always with gusto. Being Italian on Sunday is about bringing out your lust for life and passion for all things:food, storytelling, wine, music, and each other. Being Italian on Sunday is about emotion and finding beauty in every delicious moment of our lives.”

EVERYONE IS ITALIAN ON SUNDAY by Rachael Ray is no ordinary cookbook. There is so much information,  in the recipes themselves, and the tips and snippets that Rachael offers throughout the book,  that I encourage you to linger over it as you would a delicious meal. It’s THAT good!

Publisher: Atria Books

ISBN: 9781476766072

Comments

1. Me and momma is gettin HUNGRY!
    Whitley Westie recently posted…X-Ray UpdateMy Profile

2. I love Rachel Ray! All those food things look so good! Also, I totally relate to your clamming up when you met her! I did the same thing when I met Shorty Rossy and I’ve avoided going to other book signings from other authors because I just never know what to say and am too nervous!
    Lauren Miller recently posted…Shake It Off! Trying Not To Be So Negative!My Profile

3. Oh I would like to be itailan efurry day! And I would like to meet Rachel once… but I probably would be silent like an oyster too :o)

4. Wow! So many yummy food! I used to watch 30 minute meals on Food Network long time ago. Rachael Ray makes cooking so simple and fun! Must be nice to have a big collection of her books! 🙂
    HAPPY HAZEL recently posted…#LoveYourPetEveryday with Chicken Soup for the Soul Pet Food!My Profile

5. Marg says:

That looks like a great book and nothing better than Italian food. Bet all those recipes are just yummy.
    Marg recently posted…Feral cat FridayMy Profile

6. Sharon Gilbert says:

I have the Rachael Ray EVERYONE IS ITALIAN ON SUNDAY and I love it! Great Recipes! The pictures in the book makes your mouth water ad drool just looking at the picture! Awesome Cookbook! Dakota since you are an Ambassadog for Rachael Ray Nutrish I would like to know I am having a hard time finding Nutrish Soup Bones in my stores. I was wondering if they are going to quit making them. My dogs love them and it is easy to take with us when we are travel or just to give them a Soup Bone to hold them over until we get home to feed them. Just wondering if you know or could find out. Thanks

• OMG isn’t it just the BEST EVER!!!!!! ????? It is unreal!!! I feel your pain about the Soup Bones. Some stores still have them, some don’t. Here is the link to them from the website: http://nutrish.rachaelray.com/dog/treats/soupboneminis-real-beef-and-barley and when you visit the website, you can click on “Where to buy” and put in your zip code. You could check a few stores in your area. Dakota loves them too and I don’t often see them in my stores either. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

7. That looks like a good book. Rachel Ray has tasty recipes that aren’t too complicated.

• This book is a tad more “complicated” (but not hard at all!!!) than many of her other books. That being said it isn’t like some cookbooks that are intimidating. It isn’t intimidating at all…..some of the recipes are just a little bit more involved and take longer than some you might be more familiar with. This book is incredible!
      caren gittleman recently posted…Foodie Friday: Cookbook: EVERYONE IS ITALIAN ON SUNDAY by Rachael RayMy Profile

8. Oh yummmm, M’s mouth is watering just thinking about all the good stuff in that book. But we won’t enter as she doesn’t cook much anymore.
    mariodacat recently posted…Tap, Tap, Tap and Caturday Art Blog HopMy Profile

9. What an amazing review! Rachael certainly seems to be a sweetheart…and an animal lover to boot! I always loved her 30 Minute Meals and especially her travel on a budget shows. I’m absolutely starving now!!!

10. I just ate breakfast but now I’m really hungry again…

Thanks! We just finished breakfast and now Mom wants to eat Italian! Looks like some awesome food!
    Emma recently posted…Exterior Nose Work SearchesMy Profile

12. Hubby has watched her many times. She’s one of his favorites. I don’t do most of the cooking hubby does. I’m the clean up gal and that works for me just fine.

Now I’m hungry.

Have a woof woof day Dakota. My best to your wonderful mom. ♥♥♥
    Comedy Plus recently posted…Feline FridayMy Profile

13. Christine Hoy says:

Just love Rachel Ray! What a funny story. That would be just like me to go quiet in front of someone I admired too. Sigh.
    I was going to offer to send you one of my Rachel Ray cookbooks that I no longer want, but I already see it in your collection. Have a great day!

• OMG Christine, I was AWFUL. I just stood there and said “Rachael Ray…” I was in shock. I was such a jerk. She is absolutely beautiful …even prettier in person than on TV (I have been blessed to see her twice), once at the book store and I was blessed to go to her show with Nutrish. I thought I would DIE!!! My husband danced on stage with some other guys during a commercial break….best moment of his life! She called him “Pink shirt guy” because he had a pink shirt on that really stood out (thanks to ME telling him to wear it! lol) You have a great day too!!!

14. Forget the dogs, I AM DROOLING! I love to watch Rachel Ray. She seems as if she would be such a down to earth person ☺
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…Once Upon a Time on the Bayou ~ A Fairy TaleMy Profile

15. That chicken looks fabulous! I am hungry now.
    2 Brown Dawgs recently posted…Storm Loves To RetrieveMy Profile

16. Now Mom’s hungry. Maybe we’ll all get to eat dinner early! Ha roo roo roo!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher
    The Army of Four recently posted…Political Speech, Etc.My Profile

Caren,
    Did you know that Rachel Ray grew up close to me? I used to watch her cook on our local news channel! I feel like “I knew her when”….lol. But it seems like you know here way better than me!

I have only two of her cookbooks. I think two of her earliest, the 30 minute comfort foods and the 30 minute meals 2. My favorite, favorite recipe of hers is “you wont be single for long vodka pasta”. Soooo yummo. I used to love her 30 minute cooking show.

Anyhoo…I’ll have to check out her new book. I’m always looking for new recipes to try.

18. I could eat pasta everyday and twice on Sunday

19. Monika says:

Yipes!! I’m drooling like a crazed standard poodle just looking at those photos. Definitely gonna look for that cookbook. ღ
    Monika recently posted…🎶 Me and my Shadow…🎶My Profile

20. Ooohhhh! How hungry I am:)
    Too bad we are doing paleo foods here these days…sigh…maybe we can cheat to be Italian sometimes, BOL!