Three Day Quote Challenge (Day 1)

We were happy to be tagged on the:

three day quote challenge

By our friends at a blog that is “newer” to us because I found it just a few months ago. It has quickly become one of my favorites. The blog is called: FOUR-LEGGED FURBALLS:

Click the picture to visit their blog!

Click the picture to visit their blog!

One of many things we LOVE about this blog is the charming artwork that is created by the “Menagerie Mom”. Here is some info about her from the sidebar of her blog: “I love animals, and I always have. My parents first noticed my love for animals when I was a very small child, and I enjoyed a childhood in which I grew up with a variety of pets. My love for animals has remained strong — or grown stronger, if possible — into my adulthood. I earned a college degree in animal sciences, and I worked in the animal care field for years. What’s more, I am the human mother to an adorable clan of four-legged furball rescues, some of which are animals with special needs”

The Menagerie Mom also has recently introduced a “Daily Tip” feature at the bottom of each blog post, check it out because I am sure you will learn some interesting things, (as I have), if you do!

THANK YOU Menagerie Mom and the rest of the Four-Legged Furballs for tagging us!

I am a quote freak, I have been collecting them in notebooks since High School. I have a “menagerie” of books of quotes and my Pinterest board is chalk full of them!

I am looking forward to presenting some of my favorites today, and the next two days.

Now, about the challenge:

There are three rules to this challenge, and they are:

1. Post for three consecutive days.
2. Choose and share one or three quotes each day.
3. Challenge three additional bloggers each day.

For Day 1 of the challenge I chose the quote:

writing

This quote resonated with me the second I found it. One reason it resonated with me, was it was an important reminder that for both of my blogs I must always be true to ME. I attempt to write in a more conversational, less-formal style, and whatever I choose to feature or promote, I strive to make the topics/items that I post here, be things  that I believe in.

It also made me think about how each one of us, when we write, we “paint” in our OWN unique voices, or if we aren’t, we should be! Every blogger brings something unique and special to their blogs, THEIR VOICE. What glorious “paintings” you ALL create for so many of us! So THANK YOU ALL, for being YOU!!

The last rule is for me to challenge three more bloggers each day. I’ve chosen three blogs, but please feel no obligation or pressure to participate in the challenge. (Some of you may have already been chosen, it is hard to keep up with everyone who already did this challenge, so please excuse me if you have already been chosen!) I know that not everyone has the time or desire to partake in blogging challenges, so please know that you only have to join in if you wish to and have time. That being said, here are the three that I’ve chosen to challenge today:

1.) Eva the Sheltie or her Mom from Sheltie Beauties

2.) My special friend at Comedy Plus

3.) My new friend from Lucky Collie

Comments

1. Goodmorning from The Netherlands!!! How challenging to do this.
    But I will be ok.
    Hug to you little Dakota!!

I am sooo happy you will be participating!! Thank you! Read your post today and loved it!!! (((hugs)))) back!

2. Love the quote! 🙂

3. I like the idea of painting in your own voice. When I write my short stories and poems much of what I write is from my heart. When I write a book quotes are in each. My quotes are things my mom had said or dad. For example Mom before we left the house would always ask “Are you ready Hezzie” I Googled that saying and put it in my last book. Putting ourselves into our writing makes it more conversational.

4. that’s great… and I so agree with using different words we can create different “paintings” and our storys can be beautiful or abstract or impressionistic :o)
    easy rider recently posted…easyblog MOANDAY-GROANDAYMy Profile

What a fun challenge. We haven’t heard of that blog, so we will have to check it out.
    Emma recently posted…Valentines Preparations Including A #HoundHuggles Photo ContestMy Profile

6. very similar to the quote “painting pictures in the minds of others with words :)”
    Reilly & Denny recently posted…What to do with our shellsMy Profile

7. Oh, thank you so much for the kind words about my furbabies’ and my blog! I can’t even begin to describe how much that means to me, or how grateful I am to have come to know you!

I absolutely adore the quote you chose for today. Like you, I love to write. And, like you, and I try to make sure that, such as on my blog, that I maintain my own personal voice and simply be me when I write. I also love how writing is alluded to as an art form in this quote, because I believe it truly is a form of art. Thank you so much for accepting this challenge, and I can’t wait to see the other wonderful quotes you choose!

You are MOST welcome and they are true!!! I am grateful to have come to know you as well! I just ADORE your blog! Your writing is beautiful, your artwork is charming, you are so talented. Visiting your blog is one of the highlights of my day.
      You definitely have your own “voice” on your blog!
      Dakota recently posted…Three Day Quote Challenge (Day 1)My Profile

8. A good quotation is always a good jumpstart for writing. Perfect for a blogger!

9. Love the quote and look forward to the ones to come.

10. Well, this was a fun post. Someone else in my travels this morning did this. BeadedTail I believe. Anyway, I’m on the boat right now so let me work on this.

I love your quote.

Have a fabulous day honey. Scritches to Dakota. ♥♥♥
    Comedy Plus recently posted…Awww MondaysMy Profile

I am so happy you will be participating!!!!! Take your time, no rush…if you don’t want to due to time constraints I understand! I don’t always participate myself! Hope you are having a fabulous time!
      Dakota recently posted…Three Day Quote Challenge (Day 1)My Profile

11. very fun blog! Cheers!
    Kathe W. recently posted…Awww Monday February 8, 2016My Profile

12. The older I get the more clarity I get with quotes. They are certainly words to learn from. Have fun!

13. As a fellow quotaholic, I love this challenge. That is a great quote to start your day. ♥
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…BFTB NETWoof News February 8 2016 #DogNewsMy Profile

14. Monika says:

That’s a marvelous quote! Thanks for sharing. ღ
    Monika recently posted…Miracles do happenMy Profile

15. Great quote! We really like that one!
    Cammie!
    The Army of Four recently posted…Important Discovery!My Profile

I’m a quote fanatic! Love finding them, reading them…so much inspiration to be found.

Can’t wait to see what you come up with for day 2!

17. Toby says:

I love the quote!! Mom’s collected quotes for years, too! Trouble is she writes them down and then forgets where she puts them!!! I’m looking forward to your next two!!

18. Love that quote.
    Hailey and Zaphod recently posted…Mischief Monday – That Will Teach You!My Profile

19. Great quote, I am ashamed to say I have never seen that before. I love the art at Four-Legged Furballs, I keep telling her to sell cards on Etsy.
    Ellen Pilch recently posted…It’s Monday What Are You Reading ?My Profile

You shouldn’t be ashamed. That’s the joy of finding quotes. I LOVE when I run into a number of them that I had either forgotten about, or I had never seen. I tell her she should make a book of her artwork!
      Dakota recently posted…Three Day Quote Challenge (Day 1)My Profile

The illustration is really cool

21. We love that quote, Caren. Very inspiring 🙂 Pawkisses 🙂 <3
    Little Binky and Granny recently posted…Playing SelfieMy Profile

22. And evfurry word is a new brush stroke to add to the depth and beauty of the writing(s).

Great quote!