One Lovely Blog Award

Hi All!!!  It’s Dakota and while  I was helping Mom paw through some email yesterday, we came upon a pawesome surprise! It seems our friends over at Three Pups and a Couple of Kitties nominated ME (not Mom!), for the

one lovely blog award

and I, am extremely flattered! Thank you!!!!

Now, those of you who have been following me since my blog started in 2011 (that would make maybe 5 of you? BOL, BOL, BOL!!!) know that normally Mom is a sour puss and doesn’t allow me to participate in blog awards because often she is too busy catering to Cody, to help ME with my posts!

I BARKED at Mom BIG TIME telling her she MUST let me participate? Why? Well, for one, it was super nice to be thought of, ESPECIALLY because since 2016 has begun Mom has been AWFUL about helping me with my blog and I am frankly SHOCKED that ANYONE is reading it!dakota january 2012 4 mouth wide open

So, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

If you don’t know the blog Three Pups and a Couple of Kitties, you MUST go over and visit them! You can also learn about their family by clicking their About Page !

Thank you so much for even knowing who the heck I am to even think of giving me this award guys!

Now,  according to the rules of this award we need to tell 7 things you might not know about ourselves. So here you go:

1. I have a doggy brother (he doesn’t live with me but was in my litter), named Elwood who chewed an electrical cord not once, but TWICE and lived to bark about the tale!
  2. Mom used to be a lifeguard and taught swimming. She was also on a Swim Team!
  3. I don’t mind going to the Vet or being groomed. Dad says I sit like a perfect gentleman with a smile on my face waiting for my turn.Dakota May 2015 reading groomer report
  4. Mom was going to major in Art in college. She is somewhat talented but rarely draws anymore. Mom’s Dad was a famous Editorial Cartoonist and she didn’t think she was as talented as he was and switched her major to Rhetoric and Communication because she was afraid if she majored in Art she would be selling pencils. (IMPORTANT NOTE: She is practically selling pencils NOW so what the heck! She should have majored in Art, BOL!!)
    One of  Mom's Dad's most popular cartoons, that was created in 1970 that STILL, SADLY can apply to the World today. (Mom took this photo from online http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/ and if they want to sue her, good luck since she is his daughter. BOL, BOL, BOL!!!!

One of Mom’s Dad’s most popular cartoons, that was created in 1970 that STILL, SADLY can apply to the World today. (Mom took this photo from online http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/ and if they want to sue her, good luck since she is his daughter. BOL, BOL, BOL!!!!

5. I am Mom’s FIRST dog as an adult. Yep! That’s true! Mom had a Boxer named Brandy when she was a little girl but never had a dog again until almost nine years ago!
  6. I LOVE vegetables! I love broccoli, green beans, red peppers (not the hot ones), carrots. Whatever is safe for dogs, I love!!
  7. That Mom and I love you ALL soooo much and we appreciate it when you visit us!dakota march 2015 for walk

Now, here is where we are going to break the rules which is something that we ALWAYS do. We are supposed to nominate  up to 15 other bloggers for this award, but we nominate EVERYONE that has a blog that we read and comment on, and EVERYONE who takes the time to stop and see us!!!!! We don’t like to just choose a few blogs, because if we comment on your blog and visit you, that means we love you and we comment on way more than fifteen blogs! So, CONSIDER YOURSELVES NOMINATED!!!

If you choose to participate, here are the rules:

1-Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog in the post.
2-Copy the rules and add the blog award badge as an image
3-Share 7 facts about yourself to your fellow bloggers.
4-Then nominate up to 15 people.

Once again we thank your friends at Three Pups and a Couple of Kitties for thinking of us!!!!

Barks and licks and love,

Dakota (and Mom too!)

Comments

1. We definitely like your blog Dakota and you definitely deserve for people to follow a beautiful sheltie. You deserve the award. Thank you for offering, but I stopped taking awards my blog is full I have 3 left to put on. Also I felt the awards were for my original blog on Lexie & Mica. It would not be fair without Lexie:)
    tylersat99 recently posted…Wordless Wednesday – OopsMy Profile

2. BOL!!
    And Congrats!!

Hey, I *do* read your blog, Dakota!!

We have some things in common, too:
    My boss boy was a lifeguard a couple of years in highschool..a summer job fur him.
    I like almost all the same veggies as you do…but no peppers pawlease…howevfur I hate apples, BOL!

I am also the furst pup that growlmy had as an adult, actually I was gotted fur my boss boy:)

I too heard growlmy say she will pass on the pawticipating with this blog award thing, she is too busy to do more than post once a week fur me and my kitty brofurs, but it is fun to read all about you!

Woofs!
    By the way, I hope your Mom is starting to feel better, POTP and pawyers for her:))

OMD OMD!! Thank you! Mom and I are AMAZED at the similarities!!!! Mom was a lifeguard all through summer and taught swimming to the tots (ages 1-4)………Oh I LOVE apples!
      LOVE that YOU are your Mom’s first dog too!!!!
      Mom normally doesn’t pawticipate either…but made an exception this time!
      Thank you for the good wishes for Mom too!
      Dakota recently posted…One Lovely Blog AwardMy Profile

3. you deserve the award. It is okay mom takes a break once in a while I think her blogs are professionally done and are always fun and informative.. I remember the Thinker .. cool

4. Margret Abbott says:

Dakota, I enjoyed reading your facts. Thank you for participating, it’s a fun way to get to know everyone better!

Thank you!!!! Also THANK YOU for giving me this award, that was so sweet of you! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

5. Oh you sure are the perfect dog… I knew it from the furst moment I saw you :o) And I cross my paws for your brother… maybe they will rename him in Elwodd-tricity once?
    Your mommas dad created a super artpiece… and I hope all people will understand the message behind… BRAVO!!!

Congratulations on your award. Those are some interesting facts there with the questions too!
    Emma recently posted…How To Prevent Ear Infections In DogsMy Profile

I think you dad had such a cool job! He must’ve been a very smart man. He was able to say in one photo, what most people would need paragraphs to say.

Thank you so much! He was brilliant and yes, you hit it on the head…….it was NOT an easy job having to convey something with one drawing.
      Dakota recently posted…One Lovely Blog AwardMy Profile

8. you mom needs to be an equal opportunity blogger – you deserve the same amount of time as any silly old cat – in fact we think you deserve way more 🙂 🙂
    Reilly Cowspotdog recently posted…Hoggetowne Medieval FaireMy Profile

9. Congratulations on your nomination, Dakota and Caren! I love your blog, in part because I love Shelties (and all dogs, of course!), but also largely because it is so well-written and offers such wonderful posts. I loved learning so much more about you in this post. Thank you for being a part of this wonderful blogosphere!
    The Menagerie Mom recently posted…Mancat MondayMy Profile

Oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! THANK YOU!! That touched me more than you will ever know! I rarely (if ever) consider myself to be a good writer……..I fall into the trap that many of us do, where I compare what I do to what others do and I feel that mine never holds up. I THANK YOU! Also, I am NOT well-versed in dogs since Dakota is my first……it truly means so much! Thank you! Thank YOU for being a part of this “wonderful blogosphere” as well!
      Dakota recently posted…One Lovely Blog AwardMy Profile

10. Congratulations on your One Lovely Blog Award, Dakota! I do think your blog is lovely and I enjoy every visit. I remember that cartoon, it would have been when I was 13 and already very concerned for the environment. As I went from there through college and marriage it seemed so hopeful. So many laws protecting the environment were passed. People were open to the message to stop littering, to start recycling. Your father and others like him were an important part of that. Now as an older person it seems we are going backward. It breaks my heart sometimes. Ex.: the litter and plastic at the beach Saturday was disgusting. I couldn’t believe so many people visit a beautiful place and trash it. Sigh, sorry for the rant – but I am so impressed by your dad’s cartoon…take up art again Caren! It’s NEVER too late for that!
    Terra Toby recently posted…Grammy’s Pot Pie Treats from Chewy.comMy Profile

Oh you are soooooooo sweet!!! Thank you so much!!! I appreciated your rant. I adored my Father and was insanely proud of his work, too much so or I would be drawing lol. I agree that it is never too late. I agree that we are going backward with litter, etc…….you rarely if ever see litter campaigns any longer the way we did in the 70s. It’s sad. Thank you so much and it means so much that you recognized the cartoon!
      Dakota recently posted…One Lovely Blog AwardMy Profile

11. Condogulations Dakota! You deserve it 🙂 And there’s a lot of stuff here I don’t think I knew about you or your mom.

12. Congratulations! I haven’t seen any blog awards in years! In fact I thought no one did them any more!
    All Things Collie recently posted…Love is…ever blooming, ever changing.My Profile

13. You did a great job on this Dakota. Yes you did.

I’ll put the award in my awards post, but I’m not going to do all the other stuff. Just saying.

Have a woof woof day Dakota. My best to your wonderful mom. ♥♥♥
    Comedy Plus recently posted…Awww MondaysMy Profile

Hehehe!! We hear you! Mom NEVER does awards anymore because there just isn’t time, but we sooooooooo appreciate them! We made an exception this time! Barks and licks and love, Dakota
      Dakota recently posted…One Lovely Blog AwardMy Profile

14. That Sheltie smile is award winning for sure!

15. Congrats on your award!
    Your brother Elwood must have a doggie guardian angel, BOL.
    Your mum must be so proud of her dad, we can see how that is kind of a lot to live up to but think she should have majored in art just for the enjoyment of it.
    Dip and Elliot x

16. Bailey says:

Mom grew up with dogs, too but didn’t have a dog until she and Dog Dad got married and adopted Bailey. There just aren’t many dog friendly apartments around in this area, so she and they waited until they had a house.
    Bailey recently posted…Protecting Mr. MagooMy Profile

17. Congratulations on your lovely award! I’m sure that you are an incredible artist. I love the one that your dad drew. It does still ring true. ♥
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…BFTB NETWoof News February 1, 2016 #dognewsMy Profile

Now we know all your secrets! BOL Congratulations on your cool award

19. Misaki says:

Congrats on your lovely award xx
    Misaki recently posted…One-Wing AlfieMy Profile

20. Your mom and my mom must meet in person some day! My mom went to art school (she did creative writing and visual art), but then let some people talk her out of pursuing some opportunities after graduation. She doesn’t sell pencils, but sometimes she wishes she did because it might be more fun than her boring 9-5 job. Oh well …

I’m amazed at your mom’s father’s drawing. It is still sadly very true today. It looks familiar and I think I have seen it before.

Hoping we will both be at BlogPaws this year so we can meet and chat!
    The Daily Pip recently posted…The Specials: Adopting A Cat Whose Owner Has Passed AwayMy Profile

Yes we MUST meet one day!!! Would LOVE to learn more about your Mom’s art background! Yes, you probably did see that drawing…it was published quite a bit in the 70s.

21. Congrats on your award, Dakota! We loved learning more about you! I don’t mind being groomed either – and neither does Maggie. Our breeder got us used to it at a very early age and that makes a big difference. Also, I’m a retired show dog, so I HAD to be good about it!
    Cammie!
    The Army of Four recently posted…Still Feeling ItMy Profile

Yep I hear you! (oh and THANK YOU!) My breeder had show dogs too (My Mom and Dad were show dogs) and she is a Veterinarian….Mom thinks that is why I don’t mind being groomed OR going to the Vet! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

22. Dakota is one beautiful dog! Wow!
    Kathe W. recently posted…Magpie Tales #304 1-31-2016My Profile

23. Nice to learn more about you.

24. Toby says:

Congratulations on our award!! You are certainly adorable – for a dawg!! We enjoy your blog!! And it was good to find out all that interesting info about you and your mom!!!

25. Congratulations!
    Groovy Goldendoodles recently posted…OBSESSIVE DOODLE DISORDERMy Profile

26. Congrats on your award! That is a great report card you got there!

Keep Calm & Bark On!

Murphy & Stanley
    Murphy & Stanley recently posted…A SurpriseMy Profile

27. Anne says:

Beautiful Dakota! Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful week.
    Anne recently posted…Blue Monday/Love is…/Aw….Monday/Maxine Cracks Me Up/My Profile

28. Yay! Congratulations! 🙂 Your blog is really lovely! <3 And how amazing they told you are a perfect dog! 🙂 So much happiness! Looks like February is going to be a great month for you! <3
    HAPPY HAZEL recently posted…Hello Happy February! 😀My Profile

29. Congrats on your award.
    2 Brown Dawgs recently posted…Junior Handlers: The Future Of Dog ShowsMy Profile

30. Monika says:

That’s fantastic news and such a worthy and well deserved recognition! Bravo! ღ
    Monika recently posted…California Dreamin’ 🎶My Profile