My Mom is a Grinch

Hi every woofie , it’s Dakota and while animals and people around the world are filled with joy, my sensitive Sheltie soul has been SHATTERED!

Why?

I’ll tell you why! For the past few weeks I have been watching my kitty brother receive holiday card after holiday card,  he has so many that I don’t have enough paws to count them all. EVERYWHERE I TURN THERE ARE CATS STARING ME IN THE FACE…..SO MANY THAT HE HAD TO MAKE A VIDEO TO FEATURE THEM, and his video doesn’t count the ones that came via snail mail!

Me? I have enough to count on LESS THAN TWO PAWS!!  Why? Because my thoughtless Mom added our address to my kitty brother’s card exchange list but COMPLETELY FORGOT to add mine to the WOOFIE LIST!! Don’t get me wrong! I am GRATEFUL for the woofies out there that thought of me in spite of my Mom’s inexcusable mistake…(I received cards from Easy, Sheltie Times, Dex at Fidose of Reality, Eva the Sheltie’s Mom, Ace,  and a woofie or two was sent to our family), but that is it. It’s NO ONE’S FAULT BUT MY MOM’S! You can see most of the cards for both Cody and I below, but there ARE some that didn’t make it into the collage.

Dakota holiday 2015

If you have a Mom that was a rude Grinch and  didn’t put YOUR name  on a holiday card list, please feel free to grab our card below……….Oh and you are WELCOME to photoshop it to cut my kitty brother and my Mom  OUT  of the photo!

Card created by Ann Adamus of Zoolatry. Click on the card to visit her blog...but let me warn you...it features MOSTLY KITTIES!

Card created by Ann Adamus of Zoolatry. Click on the card to visit her blog…but let me warn you…it features MOSTLY KITTIES!

So, anyway, hoping you all have a more thoughtful Mom than I have, and I hope that Santa is EXTRA good to ALL of you! Thank you for visiting me when I know you have much better things to do!!!

Barks and licks and love,

Dakota

Comments

1. Cathy (Sierra's Mom) says:

Poor Dakota. Hope you have the merriest Christmas possible. However, I have to disagree with your assessment of your mom. Caren Osrin Gittleman is anything but a Grinch. You know she loves you and is proud of everything you do.

2. Nope…ours…no mine the growlmy that is needs some bites too…sheesh, she left you right out tof the email list she complied…sigh…sometimes I want to fire her, BOL!
    I did woof at her to send it, so you should have it now…its for all of you from all of us:)

Now I got to see who els she might have ovfurlooked…

Happy Christmas to you and yours!

Thank you my furiend!!!!!! I am helping Mom paw through email now so I am sure I will find it! I think Mom is going to let me post my cards on Saturday…wishing you a pawesome holiday! Barks and licks and love, Dakota
      Dakota recently posted…My Mom is a GrinchMy Profile

3. Happy Holidays, Dakota! I hope you, your kitty brother and human family have a wonderful weekend! <3

Love,
    Zoe & Phee

4. we aren’t on the list either but for a different reason. we didn’t know how to get on it! BOL oh well, maybe next year.
    merry christmas dakota!
    bailey unleashed recently posted…’twas the night before christmasMy Profile

5. Merry Christmas!
    Monique, Larry and Luna recently posted…Buon Natale!My Profile

6. Merry Christmas!
    Earl Lover recently posted…Santa Paws Is Coming!My Profile

7. Merry Christmas and High paw new year

8. Sue says:

Poor Dakota! No cards from us this year, but we wish you and your family a very merry Christmas!

9. You’re not alone, Dakota. This Grinch of a mom here failed to add her furbabies to any card lists. Not only that, but I even failed to send out a single card this year. Shame on me! But, I hope this will suffice – my furbabies and I hope you had a happy Chanukah, and that you have a very merry Christmas and a blessed New Year! Thank you for your friendship, Caren and Dakota (and Cody)!
    The Menagerie Mom recently posted…‘Twas the night before Christmas…My Profile

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much!!!!! We love you and this greeting is even BETTER than a card!!! Wishing you a joyous and blessed Christmas and may 2016 be good to all of us! We thank YOU for YOUR friendship too! Barks and licks and love, Dakota and Mom.
      Dakota recently posted…My Mom is a GrinchMy Profile

10. Oh noooooo, how could she. Poor Dakota. Next year we’ll see that you get two from us to make up for it.
    mariodacat recently posted…Merry Christmas 2015My Profile

11. Awww Dakota thats horrible! Maybe you’ll get an awesome present from Santa Paws! Or maybe even some turkey from the table!

12. Reilly & Denny says:

that is just not right – we think your Mom will end up on the naughty list for this – but we still want to wish you all a very merry christmas

13. Happy Howl-idays Dakota! Sending licks and wags.
    Magical-Dawg

More purr-sonal greetings from us’ns, too!
    Karma-Kat & *hiss!* Seren-Kitty

So what if the cats got more than you. It’s only a big deal if you make it a big deal.
    Kismet recently posted…It’s been a yearMy Profile

watch out birdie or I will have my kitty brother EAT YOU……….hehehe…how is THAT for Christmas cheer? BOL BOL BOL!!
      Dakota recently posted…My Mom is a GrinchMy Profile

15. We think that puts her on the naughty list. Merry Christmas dear Dakota!
    Hailey and Zaphod recently posted…T’was The Night Before ChristmasMy Profile

16. • ★ Merry ★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
    •。★ Christmas 。* 。
    ° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
    ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
    ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚| 田田 |門| ˚And a Happy New Year
    * Joy to all! ♫•*¨* Peace on Earth ♪♫•*¨*
    Comedy Plus recently posted…Thankful ThursdayMy Profile

17. Merry Christmas and happy holidays, Dakota! Don’t get angry at your mom as she loves you as much as she loves your brother, besides, we love you more than Cody, shhhhhh. Please don’t tell Cody!
    Eva or sometimes Priscilla recently posted…I’m SIX!My Profile

Oh I KNOW you love ME more than you love Cody, as well you SHOULD!!!!!! BOL BOL BOL!!!! I love you dear Eva!!!! And your entire family!!!! Barks and licks and love, Dakota
      Dakota recently posted…My Mom is a GrinchMy Profile

18. Bentley and Pierre received so many cards that it has filled our card holder! I hope that I sent one to you…Brain freeze because I can’t remember. If not, know that I wish you a wonderful holiday season. Happy Holidays, Dakota! ♥ ♥
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…Merry Christmas ~ Barking from the BayouMy Profile

No worries Dakota! You are our favorite Detroit sheltie!

Love to you this holiday season 🙂

“your favorite Detroit Sheltie” OHHHHH I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sending you barks and licks and love on Christmas and ALL THROUGHOUT THE YEAR!! Dakota
      Dakota recently posted…My Mom is a GrinchMy Profile

Oh boy, you have a situation on your paws! Never ever let a cat get the upper paw or it is hard to get it back for yourself. Try not to let it get too you too much! Happy Holidays!
    Emma recently posted…3 Steps To Prepare For Santa’s ArrivalMy Profile

BOL BOL BOL!! You TOTALLY “get it” my furiend!!! Wishing you all a wonderful holiday!!! Barks and licks and love, Dakota
      Dakota recently posted…My Mom is a GrinchMy Profile

21. Oh Dakota NO! I feel horrible for you! We going to go find your email address and send you our card. There are NO kitties on it. Love Dolly
    Dolly the Doxie recently posted…Christmas at Dolly’sMy Profile

22. Daisy says:

Love your card – hope you both have a very Merry Christmas no matter how many cards you get!

23. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
    Love and Best wishes
    Dip Elliot Teddy and Lynne x

24. Hope you have a very happy holiday season. Hugs to you and the furry ones. Peace and love.
    Sand Spring Chesapeakes recently posted…Santa Hat No MoreMy Profile

25. Bailey says:

Mom sends Dog Dad out every year to get a special card just for you.
    Bailey recently posted…Twas the Night Before ChristmasMy Profile

26. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Dakota!!!
    Cammie!
    The Army of Four recently posted…Christmas Eve!My Profile

27. Toby says:

Merry Christmas!!

Christmas card list? Our Momz doesn’t even know what that is! So don’t feel bad, Dakota. We got cards also in spite of our Mom’s scrooginess…and she didn’t even send out any cards either! We have told her she’d better step it up for next year.
    We want to wish all of you….including your Mom and Cody…a very Merry Christmas!
    Much love from all of us woofies at Wag ‘n Woof Pets…and Samantha and Momz too ♥♥♥
    Jan K recently posted…Wishing You Peace this Christmas – #52SnapshotsMy Profile

Mommas are getting coal
    Merry Christmas Eve

30. LOL! Poor Woofie! You don’t wanna make an enemy out of man’s best friend now. Merry Christmas Woofie! Let’s hope next Christmas you aren’t forgotten. 😉
    Cathy Kennedy recently posted…Merry ChristmasMy Profile

31. We are so sorry Dakota, we would have sent you an e-card but I do not know how yet. You should be as important as Cory and should be getting Merry Christmas from at least as many. You are a terrific Sheltie and worth all the love you can get.
    tylersat99 recently posted…Merry ChristmasMy Profile

32. Someday I am going to be organized enough to join the card exchange…lol.
    2 Brown Dawgs recently posted…Merry Christmas 2015My Profile

33. Monika says:

Hope howliday was as pawsome as you are, Dakota!
    Monika recently posted…Yes Virginia, there really is a SantaMy Profile

Awww thank you!!! It was and I hope yours was too! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

34. Lol love it! Your card is certainly adorable 🙂
    – Madison ( Sawtooth Alaskan Malamutes)

thank you so much!!!!!!!! Barks and licks and love, Dakota