If Pets (DOGS) Had Thumbs Day

Hi All! It’s Dakota! As many of you know, today happens to be If Pets Had Thumbs Day, No one seems to know the exact origin of this day (no surprise there, just add it to the ever-growing list of mindless holidays which in reality mean nothing, but hey, they are FUN, right?) So, because the human who helps me with this blog is lazy,  I decided to nose around through my photos and provide you with a pictorial representation of things that I struggle with regularly because I do NOT have thumbs!! These photos are just a sampling of the zillions of things I could do so much better if I DID have thumbs!

I COULD GRAB MY OWN TREATS

WITHOUT WAITING FOR MOM!

dakota holiday tradition post dakota grabbing soup bone super good

I WOULD BE ABLE TO

DRY MYSELF

WITHOUT HAVING TO HAVE

DAD DO IT

luv and Emmas dry pets dakota good one

I COULD TURN THE PAGES

OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS

dakota-books

I COULD TAKE MY OWN SELFIES!

dakota selfie week of Sept 14

BRUSHING MY TEETH

WOULD BE A BREEZE!

dakota toothbrush

I WOULD EAT POPCORN

IN A MORE GENTLEMANLY MANNER

dakota popcorn 3

I COULD REACH OUT

AND PET MY MINI-ME

dakota mini me staring on table 1I COULD REACH IN AND

GRAB THESE BONES

MUCH EASIER!!

dakota nina ottoson paw action

I WOULD DRIVE A STICK-SHIFT

AND CRUISE AROUND TOWN!!!

NOW THAT’S WHAT I’M

TALKIN’ ABOUT!!!

dakota park may 6 looking at stick shiftWhat are some things that YOU

would do if YOU

had THUMBS???

Comments

1. Dakota you have some good points there, all the things dogs could do if only they had thumbs, hummm wonder what Booth would come up with!!
    Cathy Connolly recently posted…~Sculpted Dog Cakes!~My Profile

Thank you! I wonder what Booth would come up with too! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

2. oh that sounds great! I could help my mom to drive the elephant skater (it’s the first time that she is really in the sh*t with her arm and the stick ha!) but on the other hand my thumb could look blue&blacklike my dad’s… after a big piece of wood landed on his thumb :o)
    easy rider recently posted…easyblog MISCHIEF MOANDAYMy Profile

Ohhhh your Mom drives a stick too? I should have known!!! Oh no…your poor Dad! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

3. Maggie says, “What do you mean??” Maggie does have thumbs! She’s a polydactyl cat! ~xo~
    McGuffy Ann Morris recently posted…Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!My Profile

Great!!! Tell her to get moving with World Domination! BOL! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

Let’s face it, Dakota! If we had thumbs we would definitely rule the world!
    Emma recently posted…Does Squirrel Taste Like ChickenMy Profile

I’m afraid cats would give us a run for our money! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

5. Misaki says:

If I had thumbs, I’d do all that and more!
    Misaki recently posted…SnoopervisingMy Profile

6. wow – the things we could do if we had thumbs – they would be endless !

7. Well I sure didn’t even no that this day existed!!! hahaha
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!
    Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady recently posted…How to teach your dog to “Go to bed”My Profile

Me either til recently! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

8. What a perfect world it would be if we had thumbs! If we had thumbs we would probably open the door to let the cat out! BOL!!!! Great post!!
    Miley’s Daily Scoop recently posted…Miley’s Journey to Her #PerfectWeightMy Profile

Hehehe!!! Barks and licks and love Dakota, oh and thank you!!

9. Mary says:

About all that same stuff. Especially feed themselves dinner.
    Mary recently posted…Castle Dome mine museumMy Profile

Yes…ANYTIME we want it! BOL!! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

It would be so great to be able to drive to see some pals when the bipeds are busy!
    I’d be able to use the phone to have a bark with you!
    Clowie recently posted…Newsflash – Sammy’s Tuesday TeaserMy Profile

11. No treats would be safe, that’s for sure!

YEAH BAAAABY!!!! BOL! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

12. Monika says:

Oh my, thumbs on Sam?…now that could present some significant challenges. Nothing would be safe from that long-nosed busy body! All the cheese in the house would have to be under lock and key. 😉
    Monika recently posted…A Very Real ScandalMy Profile

13. I would love to have thumbs so I could give momwithoutpaws 2 thumbs up for being my mom
    fredrieka SweetPaws recently posted…Not much happening newMy Profile

Now YOU are one SWEET WOOFIE! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

14. Dip and Elliot says:

Those are some great suggestions for what to do if you had thumbs. Petting your mini-me, sooo cute!
    Dip says she could grab people and bite them instead of them being able to get away. Elliot would definitely take himself for a walk. If Bridge had thumbs she would have taken over the world 🙂
    Dip and Elliot x

Awww thank you! You KNOW we LOVE your mini-mes!!!!! Aww love your answers! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

If we had thumbs mom would be in trouble
    Snorts,

16. What a fun post, Dakota! I have to agree with Emma: if dogs had thumbs, we’d rule the world!! xo
    Miss Destiny recently posted…Good Times and Big NewsMy Profile

Thank you my furiend!!!! I think Cats would have to challenge you on that one! BOL! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

17. Pipo/Minko/MrJackFreckles says:

OMD!!

You got all the best one covered, except maybe thumbs would be usefur in getting squirrels out of the trees?? My Noms are in a sealed pail to keep varmints out (nope don’t ask, we live in an old house…), I could get my own without having to wait fur growlmy to fill up my bowl…speaking of noms, may with thumbs the peeps would let me sit at the dinner table!

We loved all those pictures and the ideas of how thumbs would be so helpful…now why were we created without them??

Well, Mom LOVES squirrels (almost as much as she loves cats and dogs) so there is no way I would be permitted to do that! Have no idea why we were created without thumbs,. maybe cause we are smarter than humans? Barks and licks and love, Dakota

18. That’s quite a wish list there Dakota! Let’s see, thumbs wouldn’t help me open the door, or eat off the countertops because I’m height challenged.. I think I just need longer legs! Love Dolly
    Dolly the Doxie recently posted…Mischief in the ParkMy Profile

19. I love this! I’m so glad Bruce doesn’t have thumbs – he gets into enough trouble without being dexterous! I can’t imagine what he would be able to do if he had thumbs; all sorts of naughtiness!
    Joy @Paws and Prada recently posted…Stylish Storage Options for TreatsMy Profile

Hi Joy! thanks so much for visiting me! I bet if you asked Bruce he would tell you he would LOVE to have thumbs! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

Chewy says, “If I had thumbs, I would take my mommy’s dinner plate off the table, take it to my private place and eat it. That would be sooo much better than jumping up, stretching my neck, and taking one bite of food off her plate at a time.”

Oreo says, “If I had thumbs, after I go potty, I would run back in the house before chewy and lock the door so he couldn’t get back in! That would be sooooo fun.”

21. I bet your mom is glad you don’t have thumbs!! 😀 I’m really glad the girls don’t! They would get into so much trouble!
    ZoePhee recently posted…ZoePhee Reviews: Pawstreet Barkery & GiveawayMy Profile

22. Some great things on your list!
    2 Brown Dawgs recently posted…Thunder Bakes Peanut Butter Oatmeal Dog BiscuitsMy Profile

23. Harley would get into all sorts of mischief I’m sure.

24. Love this!!!
    Rachel Sheppard recently posted…BackyardMy Profile

25. cute post
    Sand Spring Chesapeakes recently posted…Winter Isn’t Over Yet~Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

26. Never heard of this holiday….but I love it!

don’t feel bad, no one else heard of it either BOL! Barks and licks and love, Dakota