A Love That Defies Distance

Happy Valentine’s Day My Furiends!!

Ohhh romance is in the air for sure!

Today it is important to me to wish a special Sheltie girl, a most WONDERFUL Valentine’s Day:

PHOTO COURTESY OF PHANG PHOTOS, CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO VISIT HER FACEBOOK PAGE!

PHOTO COURTESY OF PHANG PHOTOS, CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO VISIT HER FACEBOOK PAGE!

Those of you who have been regularly reading my blog through the years, know that I share a special love with a certain Sheltie named “Eva”. She used to blog regularly, but now, with life being so busy, she hasn’t had a chance. That hasn’t affected the love I feel for her. I just don’t get to see her as often as I would like.

A couple of weeks ago Carol Bryant of Fidose of Reality, Pet360 and BlogPaws, asked for photos of Canine Couples.

I HAD to showcase my love for Eva!

I put my paws to the computer and contacted Eva’s human sister Rosie, the talented photographer behind Eva’s blog, and the human who created Phang Photos .

I needed a proper photo of Eva and I and I knew that Mom wasn’t capable enough to handle it! Rosie happily obliged!

I sent the photo to Carol and it was one of 13 other happy Canine Couples featured on the Pet360 website in an article called 13 Canine Couples Who Will Make Your Heart Melt.

Here is our story as it appeared under our photo, I told the story to Carol, who put it in her own words.

Long-Distance Love Affair

Two Shelties log onto a computer and….well, the rest is history. Dakota, an 8-year-old Shetland Sheepdog, has yet to meet his lady love, Eva, who lives in Malaysia. Dakota belongs to pet blogger, Caren Gittleman of Farmington Hills, Mich. Readers of her blog have seen or heard of this three-year love affair. Dakota is mesmerized by tricks Eva can do but he also loves her sensitive side. This pair proves that love can span the oceans.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE OTHER COUPLES!

Mom went on my Facebook page and found this photo of Eva that her Mom took in December of 2012. Eva was photographed with all of the presents I had sent to her!!!

Photo courtesy of Eva's Mom

Photo courtesy of Eva’s Mom

Here is what it said on Facebook:this is Eva The Sheltie, she is Dakota’s Malaysian girlfriend….here she is with presents that Dakota sent to her! http://sheltiebeauties.blogspot.com/2012/12/i-need-break.html

HERE IS A PARTIAL LIST OF BLOG POSTS THAT I HAVE PAWED ABOUT EVA THROUGH THE YEARS:

TO MY QUEEN OF HEARTS HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY

MISHMASH MONDAY-I LOVE YOU EVA along with an OLD video that I had forgotten about! Check it out!

I know there were more posts, but Mom was too tired to help me look for them!!

Even though Eva and I are far apart and have never met in pawson, we have a love for each other that will live furever. My wish for all of you today, is that you are lucky enough to have the same! Whether it be cats, dogs, gerbils, humans, whatever, may you have some ONE or some FURRY, who will love you FUREVER AND EVER even if they are  OCEANS away!!

Barks and licks and love,

Dakota

Comments

1. Rosie says:

Oh that is soo lovely Caren!! Thank you for posting this 🙂 and Happy Valentines Day!!!!

Sooo happy you liked it and we made the Top 13!!! Thank you for making that lovely photo for me!! Love you! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

2. Happy Valentine’s Day!
    Whitley Westie recently posted…Heart 2 Heart FashunMy Profile

3. Awww, how sweet!!! I’m having my vacation alone as Mom and Dad have gone to visit sister Rosie. They said I couldn’t go with them because it’s too far for me to travel. 🙁 Your post cheered me up a lot, Dakota! I will tell Mom that if they can’t take me along with her next time, she at least can send me to you; I’m sure I will be much happier if I can be with you.

Happy Valentine’s Day, Dakota!!!

Love and barks,
    Eva
    Eva or sometimes Priscilla recently posted…Post-grooming coffees and a photoshootMy Profile

Eva I wish I could fly over there and stay with you to keep you company so you wouldn’t have to be lonely. It breaks my sensitive Sheltie heart to think of you being sad. Barks and licks and all of my love, Dakota

4. ludo says:

What a sweet story and a lovely thing to do for your beloved! I has known Eva for a long time too and miss her. But funnily enough only met you recently!
    ~lickies, Ludo
    ludo recently posted…The winner is…My Profile

5. We sure wish Eva would come back to blogville – we miss seeing her beautiful face and you are one very lucky dog
    Reilly & Denny recently posted…Happy Valentine’s DayMy Profile

6. Happy Valentine’s Day!
    Hailey and Zaphod recently posted…Happy Valentine’s DayMy Profile

7. Happy Valentine’s Day!! Hope its filled with lots of love and kisses!!
    Miley’s Daily Scoop recently posted…Happy Valentine’s Day!!!My Profile

Happy Valentine’s Day, Dakota!
    Emma recently posted…Valentines LOVEMy Profile

9. it’s written on the sky and it’s like a law: Dakota&Eva furever&ever. I miss Eva and maybe once things are better and we hear something from your beautiful sheltie-princess. have a great valentines day dakota, full with love and treats and hugs… and toys of course :o)
    easy rider recently posted…easyblog HAPPY VALENTINEMy Profile

Rosie did a great job capturing your international love story!

Happy Valentine’s Day! You sure picked a beauty for your girlfriend.

11. Awww, I love to read about love stories and this one is awesome. The second awesome one I’ve read today. Makes me smile.

Have a woof woof Valentines Day. 🙂
    Comedy Plus recently posted…Story GameMy Profile

12. You two re beautiful together pal. You make a gorgeous couple!
    Mariodacat recently posted…M and D’s 56th Anniv and Caturday ArtMy Profile

13. Debbie says:

Happy Valentine’s Day, Dakota!

14. Happy Valentine’s Day! <3
    Lauren Miller recently posted…Happy Valentine’s Day!My Profile

15. Awe true love, congrats on your pic being in the top 13! It was beautiful!
    Sand Spring Chesapeakes recently posted…Nothing But Norman #83My Profile

16. Happy Valentines Day Dakota and Eva!

17. Happy Valentine’s Day Dakota and Eva!!! This is pawsome 🙂
    Luvs
    Marty
    Marty the Manx recently posted…Happy Valentine’s Day!!!My Profile

18. Happy Valentines to both of you, Dakota and Eva. You should know though that Beckett thinks Eva is very beautiful. Maybe Eva likes dark and handsome boys.
    Helen Stewart recently posted…First Trial of the New YearMy Profile

19. That sounds like true love to us, Dakota and Eva. 🙂

Wishing you a day filled with love and happiness. Happy Valentine’s Day!
    meowmeowmans recently posted…Happy Valentine’s Day! 🙂My Profile

20. Monika says:

Those photos are just pawsome! So sweet. <3
    Monika recently posted…Be MineMy Profile

21. How sweet. Happy Valentine’s Day to you!
    2 Brown Dawgs recently posted…Stuck In A Deep FreezeMy Profile

22. How lovely and romantic!!

Belated greetings for a Happy Valentine’s Day!
    mrjackfreckles recently posted…Valentine’s Day SelfiesMy Profile

Eva is very beautiful. You’re a lucky Sheltie to have her as your Valentine!
    Clowie recently posted…Not in the Front Garden!My Profile

24. She is definitely a gorgeous pup isn’t she Dakota?
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!
    Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady recently posted…Why I give my dogs antlers – and you should too!My Profile

25. I can certainly feel the love with this long distance pawmance!

26. Morgan says:

Very cute story about even cuter dogs! The way you capture this doggy fairy tale love story is hilarious and endearing. Thanks for sharing with us!