Security Sheltie At Your Service!

Hi all! Boy has it ever been a wild week here at my den!

I have been working my tail off 24-7 to ensure the safety of my pack!

You see we have new neighbors in our condo/apartment building, and not just in one unit, we have them in TWO! The new neighbors are in the unit directly across the hall, and there is yet ANOTHER NEW NEIGHBOR located in the unit that is also across the hall, but  to the right!

There were all sorts of strange smells and sounds that I found to be quite disconcerting!

I had to take my post at the door to make sure that they weren’t evil, and to be assured that they would NOT invade my territory!

dakota by door 1As you can see, I take my job quite seriously!

I never leave my post!

If you look at the photo closely, you will see a number of things:

•  I am NOT taking my eyes off of the door
  • the metal at the bottom of the door has been bent and torn from when two crazed woofies used to live across the hall. They would drive me crazy and charge at my door multiple times per day! No worries, they have since been removed from the premises (they moved to ANOTHER location!)
  •  If you look at the wood by the side of the door you will notice that the thin strip is a mess! (It also has been replaced numerous times) due to the previously mentioned perpetrators!

Now that the former criminals have moved out, and new people are in the process of moving in, I won’t rest until I am sure that all is ok!

Meet Dakota Sheltie, Super 24-Hour Security!

dakota police dogThey won’t get past me!!!

A dog’s work is NEVER done!

Barks and licks and love, Dakota

Comments

1. You are doing a great job Dakota, protecting the ones you love is a very serious job! Hopefully they will be nice neighbors with no woofies trying to bust in.
    tylersat99 recently posted…Comment on Black and White Sunday – Stuck by Dakota/Caren/CodyMy Profile

2. You are doing a great job Dakota, protecting the ones you love is a very serious job! Hopefully they will be nice neighbors with no woofies trying to ûin.

thank you and one can only hope! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

3. Did ya bark em up?

Is your fur white? BOL!!! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

4. Keep up the good work Dakota! I hope these new intruders don’t give you much trouble.
    Ann Staub recently posted…January PetBox Review and GiveawayMy Profile

Thank you my furiend! I hope so too! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

5. Well, I say Dakota~~YOU do an awesome job and in that business I’m guessing it’s sometimes difficult to find good security guards who take their job to heart! Keep us posted!
    Cathy Connolly recently posted…~Lost Dog, It Takes a State~My Profile

Yep it is hard to find a doggy so dedicated! Wish my pawrents would appreciate that! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

You definitely look prepared for the task!
    Emma recently posted…Squirrels Ruined Our Excursion!My Profile

Oh yes! I am always ready! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

7. Keep up the good word Dakota!
    BIG licks,
    Wally & Sammy

Thank you my furiends! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

8. you just never what new neighbors will be like – keep up the good work Dakota

You got that right! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

9. Well i’m sure glad your on the job Dakota!!!
    What would your humans do without you?
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!
    Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady recently posted…A dogs day in paradiseMy Profile

Thank you my furiend! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

10. Keep up the good work, Dakota! You’re the best!

Barks and kisses,
    Eva
    Eva or sometimes Priscilla recently posted…Post-grooming coffees and a photoshootMy Profile

Thank you my darling Eva! Want me to come and help you protect your house too? Barks and licks and love, Dakota

11. yes, that’s important to protect our pack…. new neighbors have to pass the sheltie-security check first. that’s common…. maybe they should ask you before they send new people to your house?
    easyweimaraner recently posted…easyblog MISCHIEF MOANDAYMy Profile

Easy I LOVE that idea! I should have to approve them first! I will suggest that! Thanks pal! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

Fantastic! You will be chief soon if you keep that up

I AM the Chief! I am Chief Guard Dog of our building! The other woofies in the building (wait, there is only ONE other woofie in the building now), is too small to handle such an enormous task! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

13. It’s a ruff job, but I know Dakota’s up for it! Nothing sneaking by him.

You got that right! I need Eko and Penny to come and help me! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

14. Great job, Dakota, you’re on duty all the time. Don’t forget to take a break sometime, ok?

Momo & Pinot xo

ps: We love Pit bulls!! They are super gentle doggies.

Oh yes! I take breaks to pee and to eat 😉 Barks and licks and love, Dakota

oh and thank you about the Pitbulls too! 🙂

15. Good work Dakota I hate strangers too! Love Dolly
    Dolly the Doxie recently posted…Dolly’s New BootsMy Profile

Thank you Dolly!!!!!! Good job to YOU too! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

16. And they called him “Detective Dakota” the sheltie that never left his post….

Okay Caren, I’ve just given you your book synopsis – now go start on the first of his series!

17. We are on constant patrol of people walking in our neighborhood. We were just out on our walk and a greyhound and another dog had the nerve to be walking at the same time. No okay on MY street!

Oh my that IS NERVE!!! You should have the street all to yourself! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

18. They must feel safe with you on guard Dakota!
    Dip and Elliot x
    Dip and Elliot recently posted…How AdorableMy Profile

Yes, they do, but they won’t admit it! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

19. Wow Dakota, it’s good your peeps have you. They can rest easy knowing you are on the job. How rude of those other dogs to come charging at your door. Where were their humans that they didn’t stop those doggies. You work very hard pal – you should demand a raise.
    mariodacat recently posted…Interesting NightMy Profile

Yes Mario you are exactly right! If they didn’t have me, what on earth would they do? Oh, those humans didn’t mind one bit that those doggies did that! Imagine that! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

20. What a good lookin’ hard working security guard you are sweet Dakota. You are doing an excellent job protecting your home and family. Hugs and nose kisses
    Mumsy’s Little Chancy Man recently posted…Michelle’s Weekly Pet Share: Week (72)My Profile

Why THANK YOU Mumsy! You are always so sweet!!!! Thank you and please tell my Mom that you appreciate my hard work! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

21. Dakota, you are so brave! We are so glad those awful neighbors across the way moved. A couple of our door frame things are a little messed up, but that had more to do with Pungy and her kitty claws….that we don’t discuss. It seems there are always new neighbors moving in and out of our complex here. Always something to see, isn’t there?
    Hugs and kisses to you, sweetheart!
    Kwee Cats and Art recently posted…Domino, TodayMy Profile

Oh yes you are right! Do you think that Pungy would like to come over and help me destroy our door? Cody will have no part of it! He LIKES people! Do you believe it? Barks and licks and love, Dakota

22. Maybe they’ll be the treat-toting, bellyrub-giving kind of neighbors! Don’t scare them off before you find out!
    Chewy the Golden recently posted…Preparing for a Snowstorm with Your Dog in MindMy Profile

Nope…the one has a little 3 yr old that says “Shut up doggy” Not very nice 🙁 Barks and licks and love, Dakota

23. Dakota u are doing a pawsome job.

Thank you! I am glad that SOMEONE appreciates my hard work! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

24. I hope you got lots of good treats for all your hard work.

Hardly…I just get yelled at 🙁 Barks and licks and love, Dakota

25. As Defender of the Realm here, Rita knows all too well how hard you’re working, Dalota! You’ve got to be vigilent! Good work!!

Thank you so much Jackie! Tell Rita I am proud of her dedication! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

26. Your job is furry impawrtant fur sure!

You would be on stressed out patrol here at my den…a big black lab on one side, and the other side has 8 kids, a dog and a cat…not to mention all the wandering varmints that dare to invade!
    WOOFS!
    mrjackfreckles recently posted…A Sweetness SelfieMy Profile

OMD are you kidding me! I would be barking from morning til night! My work would NEVER be done there!!!! Lemme at ’em!! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

27. Wonderful article and website. What a sweet dog.
    wendy mccance recently posted…How Do You Promote Yourself on Social Media?My Profile

Wendy you are FAR too kind! Thank you! He is sweet!!! I don’t work on Dakota’s blog nearly the amount I should! My cat blog is my main focus 🙂

Dakota, on the job! Keep up the good work!

I’m sure your mom is loving every barking minute 🙂 You might have to buy her a bottle of wine Dakota.

29. Misaki says:

Sounds like you’re doing a fab job!

30. Great focus Dakota! Nothing will sneak up on your peeps. 🙂
    Maggie & Duke guard our entire street, we know what it’s like.
    2 Punk Dogs recently posted…Snow DayMy Profile

It’s very important work, Dakota! Bipeds just don’t take seriously enough.

32. Someone has to guard the place. Glad you are keeping your humans safe.

the brown dawgs
    2 Brown Dawgs recently posted…Wordless Wednesday–Plotting StrategyMy Profile

33. You should use my strategy, Dakota. I just sit in the den and randomly bark every once in a while. My humans jump up and run to the door to see what’s happening. I just sit there while *they* protect *me*. Works like a charm. 😉
    Miss Harper Lee recently posted…Tasty Tuesday: Snow Day with an Orange TwistMy Profile

34. Wow Dakota, that is a tough duty- 24/7 job but we totally understand! You are such a good and dedicated boy to protect your pack so well!
    Kaitlin-SheSpeaksBark recently posted…National Seeing Eye Dog DayMy Profile