Please Vote for Molly the Fire Safety Dog 2014 Hero Dog Nominee! #BtC4A

As many of you know who have been reading Dakota’s blog, we are huge fans of the amazing work that Dayna Hilton and her dogs have done through the past few years, educating children about Fire Safety.

FROM THE TIMES RECORD ONLINE EDITION: “Molly is the fifth in a line of five fire safety dogs that have collectively helped save the lives of seven children and two adults. Molly, honorary fire marshal for the Little Rock Fire Department, follows behind the late Sparkles and Spanner and works with companion fire safety dogs Tango and Siren.”

PHOTO COURTESY OF KEEP KIDS FIRE SAFE FOUNDATION

PHOTO COURTESY OF KEEP KIDS FIRE SAFE FOUNDATION

I first met Dayna when she was a speaker at my FIRST BlogPaws Conference in 2011!!!

(See all the GREAT people you get to meet when you go to a BlogPaws Conference?)

I didn’t realize when I offered to feature her again, that I had featured her for the #BtC4A  Blog Hop last July! Well, the work she does is so important, and she has helped so many, that now it is time for US to help HER and her dog, Molly the Fire Safety Dog!

BlogtheChange (1)

Dayna put together this adorable video that showcases much of the incredible work that Molly the Fire Safety Dog does!

FROM A RECENT PRESS RELEASE BY PRLog (Press Release):

Molly is a nominee  in the “Emerging Hero Dogs” category. According to the American Humane Association, “Emerging heroes category, the category includes ordinary dogs who you think have made an extraordinary difference in your life.”

Molly, now almost two years old, has been helping teach fire safety to children and adults in the hopes of helping save lives, reduce injuries and fire losses. A spokesdog for the Keep Kids Fire Safe Foundation, Honorary Fire Marshal for the Little Rock Fire Department and fire service dog for Johnson County RFD #1 in Clarksville, Arkansas, Molly has been helping reduce fire related deaths and injuries among children and their families since she was 9 weeks old.

Molly works tirelessly to help educate children and adults through the work of the Keep Kids Fire Safe Foundation, a public charity founded in honor of her predecessor, Sparkles the Fire Safety Dog. In addition to making fire safety presentations and appearing at events across the United States, Molly Skypes weekly to children across the world and is the co-host of Sparkles’ Safety Spot, a live streamed children’s fire safety show. Molly also shares her adventures and fire safety tips on her Facebook page .

Voting for the Hero Dogs contest began March 7, 2014 and Molly’s profile and voting link may be viewed at http://www.herodogawards.org/vote?nominee=16165143

TO READ ANOTHER FABULOUS ARTICLE ABOUT DAYNA AND MOLLY CLICK HERE

For more information about Molly the Fire Safety Dog or the work of the Keep Kids Fire Safe Foundation, contact Firefighter Dayna Hilton at keepkidsfiresafe@gmail.com

Photo courtesy of Molly's Facebook Fan Page, click on photo to visit!

Photo courtesy of Molly’s Facebook Fan Page, click on photo to visit!

To vote, please click HERE!

THE FIRST ROUND OF ONLINE VOTING ENDS JUNE 6th!!

Comments

1. We voted 🙂 What givess with all those annoying little pop up advertising things on your site – you click on them to close them and they won’t close and then another one pops up and we can’t even see your post because they are blocking it
    Reilly & Denny recently posted…Denny DumplingMy Profile

Thanks for the heads up….I have a feeling they are from BlogPaws and I apologize………..I deeply apologize!

2. What a great girl, voting!
    Sand Spring Chesapeakes recently posted…Tasty Tuesday~Belly Bites @Chewy.comMy Profile

3. Of course we will vote!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!
    Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady recently posted…Bowzer Box product review!My Profile

4. I remember the post from last year and of course, i voted. Tomorrow my dad will vote, because there was a math question…. boy my mum is such a nut… I bowed my head with shame. Hope dad is a better number cruncher.
    easy rider recently posted…easyblog TRAVEL TUESDAYMy Profile

5. So awesome. I will go and vote too.
    Roxy the traveling dog recently posted…Artsy Fartsy Tuesday – Latest projectsMy Profile

6. Just got back from herodog where I cast my vote for Molly – hope she wins!

Go Molly! We will go vote. FYI, we didn’t have any pop up ads, I think it is something on the person’s computer that left the comment. I have had it happen before!
    Emma recently posted…Tax Day Is Today, Are You Ready? | GBGVMy Profile

8. I voted and wish Molly the best of luck! I love the Hero Dog Awards.
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…Squirrel SeasonMy Profile

I will go vote for Molly! SUch a cool dog 🙂

10. Voting and Pinning!
    Coco’s Mommy recently posted…Tennis Ball to the Rescue!My Profile

11. Our vote’s in.

Sheba.
    Sheba’s life story. recently posted…Two Dogue de Bordeaux’s looking for there forever homes.My Profile

12. Love Molly!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Rachel Sheppard recently posted…Bingo’s Story: What is Juvenile Cellulitis?My Profile

13. Voted! What a great pup!
    Jackie Bouchard recently posted…#BtC4A: How To Get Your Puppy-Fix Without the Chewed ShoesMy Profile

What great things Molly does! I voted!
    Jan K recently posted…Blog the Change – #StopAnimalTestingMy Profile

15. Molly is awesome! We met her last year at BlogPaws. We’ll go vote now!
    meowmeowmans recently posted…Easy Like Sunday – Moosey (with an update)My Profile

16. Best of luck to Molly. It sounds like she deserves the award.

17. I will definitely have to go check it out!!!! Thanks Dakota!
    kirbysdawgblog recently posted…Spring time with kirbyMy Profile

18. What a great job for such a sweet and beautiful dog! I will vote for her!
    Angel The Alien recently posted…Blog The Change For Animals!My Profile

19. Great articles! Voted and bookmarked.
    Marty and Mom
    Marty the Manx recently posted…The Yoo-Hoo! YOO-HOO! Award and Snowy WeatherMy Profile

She’s gorgeous! I’m about to vote.
    Clowie recently posted…A sniff too farMy Profile

21. Misaki says:

I’ve just voted 🙂
    Misaki recently posted…WW: Paddling poolMy Profile

22. Bailey says:

We Voted! Good Luck Molly.
    Bailey recently posted…We Dogs are Sticking TogetherMy Profile

23. Carrie says:

not in the States but have voted and it doesn’t seem to matter! Yay! Molly is just the sweetest thing, we have our paws crossed over here!
    Hugs, Carrie (Myfie, Ellie and Millie) x
    Carrie recently posted…Wordless Wednesday: Taking PauseMy Profile

24. We voted for Molly.

25. Excellent job x

26. KimT says:

What an inspiring (and beautiful) dog! Best wishes for Molly, this work is so important.
    Thank you for blogging the change for animals,
    KimT
    KimT recently posted…Cook County Proposes Ban on Pet Store Puppy SalesMy Profile

27. I love Molly the Fire Safety Dog! Such a wonderful idea to spotlight her for Blog the Change. 🙂

A.J.
    Team BtC4Animals.com
    Pup Fan recently posted…New career option: Lion cub swim teacher/towel bearerMy Profile