WENDY’S – THE O’BRIEN FOUNDATION PARTNERING WITH MICHIGAN HUMANE SOCIETY TO SAVE ANIMAL LIVES

Thirty-nine local Wendy’s restaurants helping to raise critical funds

Wendys

The Michigan Humane Society (MHS) is teaming up with Wendy’s – The O’Brien Foundation to help save more animal lives. When you visit one of the 39 participating Wendy’s locations during the month of March, a $1 donation to MHS will get you a dollar off any full-sized combo meal or full-sized salad on your next visit. The dollar off coupon is in the form of a “trading card” that features a real heartwarming Detroit animal rescue story showcasing MHS’ work to find forever homes for the many animals in need. There are 16 “trading card” versions showcasing animal rescue stories.

“Wendy’s – The O’Brien Foundation is proud to have been a part of Detroit and the surrounding area for many years,” said Lisa O’Brien, marketing manager for Wendy’s – The O’Brien Foundation. “We are animal people at Wendy’s, and I have personally adopted two pups who were abandoned in Detroit. The Michigan Humane Society is the reason our pups and thousands of other homeless and abused animals are alive today. We are thrilled to partner with MHS to raise critical funds, while sharing stories that highlight the wonderful work they do for animals.”

For a map of participating Wendy’s locations click here

“With this fundraising effort during the month of March, not only does your appetite win, but you will help MHS change the lives of animals in great need,” said Mike Robbins, MHS Chief Marketing Officer. “We are grateful to Wendy’s – The O’Brien Foundation for their support.”

michigan-humane-logo

The Michigan Humane Society is the largest and oldest animal welfare organization in the state. MHS works to end companion animal homelessness, provide the highest quality service and compassion to the animals entrusted to our care, and to be a leader in promoting humane values. For more information, visit www.michiganhumane.org.

Comments

1. i have the utmost respect when different foundations come up and support or fund animal,. Animals are very important part of our society and i want to congrats and say thanks to Michigan Humane Society (MHS) and Wendy’s for such a noble cause.
    alex white recently posted…What To Feed Your Siberian HuskyMy Profile

2. YAY!!! Wouldn’t it be fantastic if more businesses would do this to help animals in need, just think how much they could accomplish!

3. emma says:

Saw this on your kitty’s page the other day and think it is a great idea. We saw a documentary on Wendys a while back and it seems like they are a real nice company.
    emma recently posted…Special Wooden Shoes | GBGV | Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

They are! And…they make FANTASTIC “Triples” just ask my Mom, that is how she keeps her “girlish” figure! BOL! Kidding! Mom hasn’t had a “Triple” in years but she sooooooooo loves Wendy’s burgers! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

4. This is so wonderful, it makes me so happy to see big companies like this giving back!
    Katie and Coccolino recently posted…Thoughtless Thursday – hooves off!My Profile

5. Fast Food for our Fur Friends! We don’t live in Detroit, but I was abandoned in NYC. Thanks to organizations and programs like this, I now have a great home, and A BLOG! xo LMA

6. This is amazing. I wish our Wendy’s would do this!
    carma Poodale recently posted…WW-Molly MewMy Profile

I bet if ANYONE could get them to do this, YOU could! :)

7. Very cool.
    Sand Spring Chesapeakes recently posted…Thursday Barks And BytesMy Profile

8. What a wonderful way for Wendy’s to help doggies
    Reilly & Denny recently posted…We have heat again!My Profile

9. We LOVE Wendy’s and their great work giving back to their communities! Plus, who can resist a single and a Frosty…for a good cause, of course! BOL!!
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…Thoughtless ThinkingMy Profile

It is so great to see big companies like Wendy’s doing something to help out animals. If I were there, I’d head right over to get some lunch! :)
    Jan K recently posted…Tuesday’s Tails – Meet Siblings Angel & Honey Boo BooMy Profile

11. Now that’s what we call “TOO COOL FOR DOODLE SCHOOL” – I just might need to eat at Wendy’s more often now…..
    Cathy C. Bennett recently posted…KURGO WANDER HAMMOCKMy Profile

12. It’s great that they are animal people too at Wendy’s. I thought this time I can do a good thing for animals too, but sadly the Wendy’s in my area isn’t listed as participant. I cheered too soon…
    easy rider recently posted…easyblog BUTT…My Profile

13. Wonderful! Love when corporations do good! I’m not in that area, but shared on FB. Thanks for letting us know!
    Rascal and Rocco recently posted…We Love Our Doggie, TooMy Profile

14. sara, oreo & chewy says:

Good to know that Wendy’s supports animal causes.

15. What a creative and clever way to raise funds! They must have some really creative people working for them!

Bunny
    houndstooth recently posted…Sometimes People Are Just NiceMy Profile

16. Sue says:

This is fantastic! Sharing.
    Sue recently posted…Rudy and Rosie Vole Hunting | #ThrowbackThursdayMy Profile

That’s a fun way to raise money!
    Clowie recently posted…My trip to JánovasMy Profile

18. Michigan Humane gets the best collaborations….they deserve it and I love it! And thank you Dakota for sharing it! xo

19. We don’t have a Wendy’s nearby, but we can still donate directly to the local humane society and be grateful that Wendy’s is doing this – paws up for Wendy’s!
    saved by dogs recently posted…Visiting Bull Terrier: Winston BogsleyMy Profile

20. Wonderful campaign. :)
    2 brown dawgs recently posted…A Good Work OutMy Profile