It’s The 4th Of July!

It’s wonderful to celebrate America’s independence

But…

It’s really not a great holiday for dogs

We have to put up with loud fireworks

and Mom’s who have no

celebratory doggie  outfits

so they dress us up in

red, white and blue

NAPKINS

THIS!

I am NOT amused!

This is what she puts on me

to honor our country?

I’m so embarrassed

My Mom has officially lost her mind.

She rewarded me

for this public humiliation

by giving me a biscuit

All I can say is

there had better be a

BURGER

in my future

I hope you have a burger

in YOUR future too!!

Let’s hope  that you don’t

have to wear a red, white & blue napkin to get it

Have a Happy 4th Of July!!!!

(it’s gotta be better than mine!)

Be sure to keep your pets safe during the fireworks!

Barks and licks and love,  Dakota

Comments

1. Debbie says:

Happy July 4th to you too, Dakota! Wishing you and your family lots and lots of burgers and happy days ahead! 🙂

• Debbie thanks so much! same to you and your family! Uh-oh, Mom screwed up and Cody’s photos are going to be on all of my replies. She is sooooooooooooooo lame! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

2. Ha..Ha..Ha.. Dakota, I’m so happy Cody doesn’t end up like you today : )
    Happy 4th of July to you
    xoxo

• @Mr.Puddy, yeah!!! He gets a normal blog post and I get THIS!! Mom screwed up and Cody’s avi is on all of my comments. Word Press is driving us nuts! Barks and Licks and Love, Dakota

3. sara says:

Happy Birthday to you! You are very patriotic 🙂

• Thank you Sara! It’s America’s birthday! (which you know!) This is Dakota responding, Mom screwed up with the avi. Barks and licks and love, Dakota

4. I don’t like the boomers either. We had some in the neighborhood gong off already last night. Scary. he he – you are a good sport about the decorations – on you!

5. Hi Mario! We had them going off last night too! I was barking my brains out!!!!
    Sorry about the avi but this is Dakota, Mom has no clue what she is doing. Barks and licks and love, Dakota

6. Bailey says:

Happy 4th of July Dakota. I think she needs to get you a bandana. Mom has stopped letting me wear mine since Katy started trying to chew them off, but they are sporty and less humilating than a tablecloth.

-Bailey & Katy

• OMG Bailey & Katy my mom was laughing when you said “less humiliating than a tablecloth” BOL!!! I have a bandana…LOL! Lots of them! I chew them up too!!!!

Happy 4th!

Barks and licks and love, Dakota

7. Vicky says:

Too cute! Happy Fourth to you and your family, Dakota!

8. Edie says:

Ha, ha! The napkin costume is much easier when you have a small dog — as you noticed on my blog, I did the same thing, but Frankie kept his “bandanna” on — but he was irritable about it. And at least Dakota wasn’t subjected to the indignity of streamers!

Great minds think alike, to the annoyance of our dogs.

• @Edie haaaaaaaaaaaa!!! “Great minds!!!” Aren’t we just too funny!!!??? Yep a small dog would be much better with the napkin. OMG I had an awful time with it! We had to leave Dakota’s leash on and put him on the table lol. I think the streamers were a fabulous idea! Hmmmmm maybe next year? lol ((((hugs))))))))

9. crichmanfreebies says:

adorable!

10. Oh, can I empathize. Jan dressed me up as “Uncle” Sam. I’m mortified.

Sam

• Hi Sam! I soooooooooo feel your pain! I will have to come over and check it out!
      Barks and licks and love, Dakota

11. DaneRay/Ray6955 says:

You mom loves you very much and just wants to share the joyous occasions with you. =;-) She’s a very special HOOOMAN to a lot of us out in the internetwebzzzz thing and we know that you are a big part of her life with us. We are really happy to read your blog. It always makes us smile. Happy, happy, happy hugzzzzzzzzzz to all of you! RAY & CHASE … P.S. Chase says that he hopes you got TWO burgers — one just for being so sweet and the other for having to wear the nappy! =;-)

• Hi Dane! Awww your comment was soooo sweet! My Mom is just grinning from ear to ear! YOU are so special on the Internet too!! That is very nice of you to want to read my blog, especially since Mommy has barely been letting me update it lately! She and Cody hog the computer so much with his that there just isn’t time for mine sometimes 🙁 Not fair, that’s what I say! ((((((hugs))))))))) to you and we hope you had a great 4th!! Barks and licks and love from ME AND my MOM!
      xoxoxo

12. Old Kitty says:

Awww sweet Dakota!! Me and Charlie hope you had a lovely yummy burger too!! Yay! Happy Fourth of July!!!!

take care
    x

13. Hi Old Kitty and Charlie!! No burger cause Daddy weighed me yesterday and I am TOO FAT! Probably cause I won’t take walks!!!

Thank you for wishing us a great 4th!
    Paw taps to Charlie and licks and love to you!
    Dakota

14. Hey Dakota,

You got more of a costume than I did, but I’m not sure I was that bothered, who knows what Mum might have dressed me like? 🙂

Hope you had fun,

Your pal Snoopy 🙂

15. oh Snoopy your Mom always does the COOLEST things with you so it doesn’t matter about one day. I hope you are feeling better Snoopy!
    Barks and licks and love, Dakota

16. I think Cody tried to come over here because that tablecloth napkin thingy looked a lot like a cat cave. Maybe Cody was jealous (not understanding the true nature of the situation)

I though mom was going to give you a giant lobster shaped biscuit to match the giant bib.

17. Kroten says:

Happy 4th of July Aunt Caren, Cody and Dakota 🙂

You shouldn’t be ashame with your ‘outfit’…it still looks great on you…it still looks great on you

• Hi Kroten! Thank you so much! Well thank goodness I don’t have to wear it anymore though! Hope you have a great day! Barks and licks and love, Dakota