Oh, this is a rough one. A terribly rough one. Where have the years gone? It seems like yesterday that my precious Sheltie boy was 8 months old. Now, today, he turns 10. TEN…so hard to believe, even harder for me to process.
When thinking about what I was going to do to acknowledge Dakota’s momentous birthday on his blog, I kept becoming more and more sad.
I don’t want to be sad and I don’t want to make any of YOU said, so I am going to do my best to keep this post light-hearted!
10 Things I Love About Our Perfect 10
- You are my favorite boy to eat popcorn with!
- You greet me EVERY TIME I walk through the door as if I have been gone for a zillion years, even if I am only gone for one minute.
- You are incredibly sensitive and intuitive.
- You lick (kiss) my hand like there is no tomorrow…(just because)
- You are silly, playful and love to “dance” with me.
- You “guard” me when I work on the computer, I just have to look to my right or left and you are there.
- You are the BEST laundry supervisor!
- You have a smile that makes ME and all who encounter it, smile too.
- Your eyes are the proverbial “windows” to your soul
- You are mine, (OURS or Daddy will get upset), we could not have asked for a more loving, devoted, intelligent, clever, silly, hilarious and wonderful dog.
Dad, Cody and I love you to pieces. Thank you for all of the love and joy you have brought to our lives, I cherish you my special boy!!!! There is a nice, juicy home-made burger in your future!!